SAN FRANCISCO, May 20, 2019 /PRNewswire/ -- The global wires and cables market size is expected to reach USD 312.51 billion by 2025, according to a new report by Grand View Research, Inc. The market is estimated to witness a healthy CAGR of 6.4% over the forecast years. Increasing urbanization and rapidly growing building infrastructure are the major factors driving the market.
Key suggestions from the report:
- The wires and cables market accounted for USD 186.09 billion in 2017 and is expected to progress at a CAGR of 6.4% from 2018 to 2025
- Low voltage is expected to emerge as the fastest-growing segment in the coming years
- Overhead installation segment led the market in 2017 and is estimated to expand further over the projected period
- Asia Pacific was the largest regional market in 2017 and is expected to grow further over the coming years. Government initiatives, such as Make in India and Smart Cities, are anticipated to drive the region's growth
- Key companies in the market include Prysmian Group; GE Cables; Nexans S.A.; Southwire Company, LLC; Belden, Inc.; LS Cable & System; The Furukawa Electric Co., Ltd.; Fujikura Ltd; Sumitomo Electric Industries, Ltd.; Leoni AG; and NKT Holding
Read 120 page research report with TOC on "Wires and Cables Market Size, Share & Trends Analysis Report By Voltage (Low, High, Extra High), By Installation (Overhead, Underground), By End Use (Automotive, Energy & Power), And Segment Forecasts, 2018 - 2025" at: https://www.grandviewresearch.com/industry-analysis/wire-and-cable-market
These have impacted the energy and power demand in residential, commercial, and industrial sectors. Increased investments in smart grids and upgrading power transmission and distribution systems are expected to drive the market further.
Wires and cables utilize various raw materials including copper, aluminum, tungsten, alloys, and plastics, such as Polyvinyl Chloride (PVC) and polypropylene (PP). The material costs consist of over 60% of the total cost of the product. The raw materials and work-in-progress cost consume a large portion of the financial resources. Unstable supply and cost of raw materials, due to exploration cost, labor price hikes, relationships between governments and mining companies, will be a burden to cable manufacturers. The manufacturers must either absorb the additional costs, find new ways to handle these expenses, or increase the cost of the end-product. However, increased products costs hamper the overall sales, hindering the market growth.
These factors cause difficulties for companies to procure raw materials needed for the production of cables. Manufacturers must collaborate with suppliers and customers to keep the products, components, and materials in circulation. This will create a chain, where the industry waste can be reused as raw materials. Funding constraints for large investments is also a major factor hindering the global market. To overcome funding issues, the government of India has begun to focus primarily on public-private partnerships with major infrastructure projects.
Grand View Research has segmented the global wires and cables market on the basis of voltage, installation, end use, and region:
- Wires and Cables Voltage Outlook (Revenue, USD Billion, 2015 - 2025)
- Extra High
- Wires and Cables Installation Outlook (Revenue, USD Billion, 2015 - 2025)
- Wires and Cables End-use Outlook (Revenue, USD Billion, 2015 - 2025)
- Aerospace & Defense
- Building & Construction
- Oil & Gas
- Energy & Power
- IT & Telecommunication
- Wires and Cables Regional Outlook (Revenue, USD Billion, 2015 - 2025)
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- South America
- Middle East & Africa
Find more research reports on Distribution & Utilities Industry, by Grand View Research:
- Dolomite Mining Market – Global dolomite mining market is expected to witness considerable growth over the next seven years owing to growing road construction industry in emerging economies such as Asia Pacific and Latin America.
- Cryogenic Tank Market – Global cryogenic tank market is estimated to grow at a CAGR of over 7% in the next seven years owing to growing requirement for low temperature operations in chemical and food & beverages industries.
- Fluid Power Pump And Motor Market – Fluid power pump and motors find its application in various end-use industries including agricultural, construction, marine, entertainment, packaging, industrial, military & aerospace
Gain access to Grand View Compass, our BI enabled intuitive market research database of 10,000+ reports
About Grand View Research
Grand View Research, U.S.-based market research and consulting company, provides syndicated as well as customized research reports and consulting services. Registered in California and headquartered in San Francisco, the company comprises over 425 analysts and consultants, adding more than 1200 market research reports to its vast database each year. These reports offer in-depth analysis on 46 industries across 25 major countries worldwide. With the help of an interactive market intelligence platform, Grand View Research helps Fortune 500 companies and renowned academic institutes understand the global and regional business environment and gauge the opportunities that lie ahead.
Corporate Sales Specialist, USA
Grand View Research, Inc.
Toll Free: 1-888-202-9519
Follow Us: LinkedIn | Twitter
SOURCE Grand View Research, Inc.