SAN FRANCISCO, March 11, 2020 /PRNewswire/ -- The global waterproofing membranes market size is expected to reach USD 44.48 billion by 2027, registering a revenue-based CAGR of 8.5% during the forecast period, according to a new report published by Grand View Research, Inc. Rising demand for the product in water and wastewater management systems coupled with growing building and construction activities is expected to drive the growth.
Key suggestions from the report:
- The Germany waterproofing membranes market is expected to expand at a CAGR of 7.9% over the projected period owing to the rising utilization of the product to protect the buildings against the damages caused by water seepage and moisture
- Polyurethane liquid applied membrane is projected to register a CAGR of more than 10% in terms of revenue, from 2020 to 2027, owing to factors such as the ability of the product to provide a superior moisture barrier and enhanced durability, versatility, excellent strength-to-weight ratio, and insulation
- Ethylene Propylene Diene Monomer (EPDM) sheets membranes accounted for a revenue share of 28.5% of the global sheet waterproofing membrane segment in 2019 on account of higher penetration rate due to superior performance in colder climatic conditions
- The product demand in China was valued at USD 2.21 billion in 2019 owing to continued investments in commercial and residential construction activities propelled by a growing population, per-capita income, and low-interest rates
- The market players focus on developing markets such as India, China, and Southeast Asian countries to tap the robust opportunities resulting from the rapid growth of the construction sector
Read 87 page research report with ToC on "Waterproofing Membranes Market Size, Share & Trends Analysis Report By Application (Liquid Applied (Cementitious, Bituminous), Sheet (PVC, EPDM)), By End Use (Roofing, Building Structure), And Segment Forecasts, 2020 - 2027" at: https://www.grandviewresearch.com/industry-analysis/global-waterproofing-membranes-market/
Climate change is exerting a negative effect on the geographical distribution of rainfall patterns across the globe. Many governments are focusing on adopting and promoting various modes of water conservation and water treatment. As a result, increasing utilization of waterproofing membranes in water and waste management applications is expected to boost the demand for over the forecast period.
Rising preference for green building materials is expected to spur the demand for bio-based waterproofing membranes. Furthermore, increasing government regulations to discourage the production and usage of petroleum-based membranes is anticipated to drive the demand for the bio-based waterproofing membranes.
The market players are extensively investing in R&D developing novel waterproofing materials. Various research initiatives undertaken by the leading industry participants such as Pidilite Industries, Eastman Chemical Company, and Sika AG are expected to provide a major boost to the market in near future.
Grand View Research has segmented the global waterproofing membranes market on the basis of, application, end use, and region:
- Waterproofing Membranes Application Outlook (Volume, Million Square Meters; Revenue, USD Million, 2016 - 2027)
- Liquid Applied Membranes
- Sheet Membranes
- Polyvinyl Chloride (PVC)
- Ethylene Propylene Diene Monomer (EPDM)
- Waterproofing Membranes End-use Outlook (Volume, Million Square Meters; Revenue, USD Million, 2016 - 2027)
- Building Structure
- Tunnel & Landfills
- Waterproofing Membranes Regional Outlook (Volume, Million Square Meters; Revenue, USD Million, 2016 - 2027)
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Central & South America
- Middle East & Africa
Find more research reports on Green Building Materials Industry, by Grand View Research:
- Soft Covering Flooring Market – Increasing commercial construction activities coupled with commercial replacements in developing economies from Asia Pacific and Middle East & Africa is expected to drive soft covering flooring market growth.
- Environment Health & Safety Market – Rising public awareness regarding environmental issues over the past few years has resulted in the development of environment protection laws which is expected to drive the market growth.
- Cryogenic Insulation Market – Rising preference for low temperature insulation from various application industries including energy and power and metallurgy is likely to propel the cryogenic insulation market growth.
Gain access to Grand View Compass, our BI enabled intuitive market research database of 10,000+ reports
About Grand View Research
Grand View Research, U.S.-based market research and consulting company, provides syndicated as well as customized research reports and consulting services. Registered in California and headquartered in San Francisco, the company comprises over 425 analysts and consultants, adding more than 1200 market research reports to its vast database each year. These reports offer in-depth analysis on 46 industries across 25 major countries worldwide. With the help of an interactive market intelligence platform, Grand View Research helps Fortune 500 companies and renowned academic institutes understand the global and regional business environment and gauge the opportunities that lie ahead.
Corporate Sales Specialist, USA
Grand View Research, Inc.
Toll Free: 1-888-202-9519
Follow Us: LinkedIn | Twitter
SOURCE Grand View Research, Inc.