SAN FRANCISCO, March 15, 2022 /PRNewswire/ -- The global unit dose manufacturing market size is expected to reach USD 61.5 billion by 2028, according to a new report by Grand View Research, Inc. It is expected to expand at a CAGR of 18.2% from 2021 to 2028. In the first half of 2020, the growth of the market was stagnant, but the market started to recover by the end of 2020. It was mainly due to the use of unit doses for the treatment of COVID-19 as it decreases the risk involved while handling and pouring doses from the same bottle.
Key Insights & Findings from the report:
- By sourcing, the outsourcing segment dominated the market with a revenue share of over 55.0% in 2020. This growth can be attributed to the increased demand by the customers and small pharma companies.
- The solid unit dose product segment held the largest revenue share of over 45.0% in 2020 as it is cost-efficient and simple to use and has a good shelf life.
- The independent pharmacies end-use segment dominated the market with a revenue share of over 30.0% in 2020. This growth can be attributed to the different products offered by this sector.
- The U.S. led the North American market and accounted for a revenue share of over 90.0% in 2020.
Request a free sample copy or view report summary: "Unit Dose Manufacturing Market Size, Share & Trends Analysis Report By Sourcing (In-house, Outsourcing), By Product (Liquid Unit Dose, Solid Unit Dose), By End Use, By Region, And Segment Forecasts, 2021 - 2028", published by Grand View Research.
Unit Dose Manufacturing Market Growth & Trends
Unit dose manufacturing has many advantages as the drug can be easily identified, and the formulation of the drug is protected until the moment of administration. If the container is intact and the drug has not been used, it can be redisposed and retrieved without changing its formulation. The most important benefit is that it can be administered in the proper dosage and ensures that the patient does not exceed the prescribed limit.
However, the COVID-19 pandemic has a significant effect on the pharmaceutical market. The first half of the COVID-19 pandemic had slowed growth but by the end of 2020, the market started to recover. The unit dose manufacturing is lucratively used in the current scenario as it reduces the risk of handling and contamination. Also, unit doses are widely used in hospitals for COVID-19 patients to safeguard both patients and healthcare personnel to eliminate the possibility of viral transmission by airborne transmission or direct touch.
Unit Dose Manufacturing Market Segmentation
Grand View Research has segmented the global unit dose manufacturing market based on sourcing, product, end-use, and region:
Unit Dose Manufacturing Sourcing Outlook (Revenue, USD Million, 2016 - 2028)
Unit Dose Manufacturing Product Outlook (Revenue, USD Million, 2016 - 2028)
- Liquid Unit Dose
- Solid Unit Dose
Unit Dose Manufacturing End-use Outlook (Revenue, USD Million, 2016 - 2028)
- Independent Pharmacies
- Long Term Care Facility
Unit Dose Manufacturing Regional Outlook (Revenue, USD Million, 2016 - 2028)
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- Middle East & Africa
- South Africa
- Saudi Arabia
List of Key Players of Unit Dose Manufacturing Market
- Catalent Inc.
- Patheon (Thermo fisher)
- Renaissance Lakewood, LLC
- Medical packaging, Inc.
- American Health Packaging
Check out more related studies published by Grand View Research:
- North America Unit Dose Manufacturing Market - The North America unit dose manufacturing market size is expected to reach USD 21.7 billion by 2028, according to a new report by Grand View Research, Inc. The market is expected to expand at a CAGR of 16.9% from 2021 to 2028. The rapidly growing pharmaceutical industry and rising demand for unit doses are factors driving the market.
- Ophthalmic Packaging Market - The global ophthalmic packaging market is expected to reach USD 17.7 billion by the end of 2028, according to a new report by Grand View Research, Inc. It is projected to expand at an 11.9% CAGR over the forecast period. The increasing global burden of ocular conditions and a growing number of ophthalmic clinics, hospitals, and ambulatory care centers are the factors driving the market growth. Additionally, the frequent introduction of new drug delivery systems and high demand for advanced packaging solutions is expected to fuel the market during the forecast period.
- Breast Cancer Brachytherapy Market - The global breast cancer brachytherapy market size is estimated to reach USD 105.3 million by 2027, expanding at a CAGR of 7.0%, according to a new report by Grand View Research, Inc. The increasing prevalence of breast cancer is expected to accelerate market growth. For instance, the Breastcancer.org reported that as of January 2020, there were more than 3.5 million women suffering from breast cancer in the U.S.
Browse through Grand View Research's Medical Devices Industry Research Reports.
About Grand View Research
Grand View Research, U.S.-based market research and consulting company, provides syndicated as well as customized research reports and consulting services. Registered in California and headquartered in San Francisco, the company comprises over 425 analysts and consultants, adding more than 1200 market research reports to its vast database each year. These reports offer in-depth analysis on 46 industries across 25 major countries worldwide. With the help of an interactive market intelligence platform, Grand View Research Helps Fortune 500 companies and renowned academic institutes understand the global and regional business environment and gauge the opportunities that lie ahead.
Corporate Sales Specialist, USA
Grand View Research, Inc.
Toll Free: 1-888-202-9519
Grand View Compass | Grand View Pipeline
Follow Us: LinkedIn | Twitter
SOURCE Grand View Research, Inc.