SAN FRANCISCO, July 2, 2019 /PRNewswire/ -- The global synthetic leather market size is expected to reach USD 45.41 billion by 2025, according to a new study by Grand View Research, Inc. The market is projected to expand at a strong CAGR of 7.4% during the forecast years. Increasing product application scope in footwear has been a major factor driving the market growth. In addition, growing importance and awareness about animal rights set by several organizations and stringent laws regarding the usage of real leather are propelling the demand for synthetic leather.
Key suggestions from the report:
- The global synthetic leather market is expected to witness significant growth over the forecast period owing to rising product demand in footwear and automotive applications
- PU leather emerged as the largest product segment in 2017 and is estimated to generate revenue over USD 28.03 billion by 2025
- Asia Pacific is projected to witness the fastest growth over the estimated period owing to rapid economic growth across countries, such as India, China, Japan and Korea
- Rapid development of construction and automotive manufacturing industries in APAC is also fueling the product demand in the regional market
- Countries, such as South Korea, Taiwan, China, and India, are emerging as leading producers in the global market as a result of available of relatively cheaper raw materials
- Key companies in the global market include Nan Ya Plastics Corporation, Mayur Uniquoters Limited, Alfatex Italia SRL, and Kuraray Co. Ltd.
Read 146 page research report with TOC on "Synthetic Leather Market Size, Share & Trends Analysis Report By Product (Bio-based, PVC, PU), By Application (Clothing, Furnishing, Automotive, Bags & Wallets, Footwear), By Region, And Segment Forecasts, 2019 - 2025" at: https://www.grandviewresearch.com/industry-analysis/synthetic-leather-market
Synthetic leather materials offer superior properties, such as high gloss finish, durability, strength, and UV resistance and easy maintenance. Moreover, products made from faux leather are cheaper and thus, continue to attract consumers, especially from middle and high income level groups. However, in countries, such as Japan, the product is facing competition from Fumikodata, which is a replica of real leather and is a cruelty-free material. Polyurethane (PU) was the largest product category in 2017 and is expected to register the fastest CAGR over the forecast period.
PVC is anticipated to witness sluggish growth on account of its properties, such as sticky finish and lesser durability. Footwear application segment is expected to observe a cosiderable growth over the upcoming years. Cheaper costs, fluctuating climatic conditions in several regions creates needs for different types of footwear. Rising disposable income levels in emerging regions are also fueling the demand for synthetic leather in footwear segment. Moreover, trend of incorporating athletic shoes in daily lifestyle is further augmenting the product demand.
Grand View Research has segmented the global synthetic leather market on the basis of product, application, and region:
- Synthetic Leather Product Outlook (Volume, Million Meters; Revenue, USD Million, 2014 - 2025)
- Synthetic Leather Application Outlook (Volume, Million Meters; Revenue, USD Million, 2014 - 2025)
- Bags & Wallets
- Synthetic Leather Regional Outlook (Volume, Million Meters; Revenue, USD Million, 2014 - 2025)
- North America
- South Korea
- Central and South America
- Middle East Africa
Find more research reports on Plastics, Polymers & Resins Industry, by Grand View Research:
- Polyisoprene Market – Rising consumption in automotive industry in various countries including China, India, Mexico and the U.S. will be a major driver for market penetration.
- Thermochromic Pigment Market – Thermochromic pigments market features the use of materials that change color owing to their temperature-sensitive nature. The function of thermochromism, makes it appropriate to derive these pigments, by employing liquid crystal technology.
- Fresh Food Packaging Market – The global fresh food packaging market is dynamic in nature and is driven by increasing need to extend the shelf-life of produce.
Gain access to Grand View Compass, our BI enabled intuitive market research database of 10,000+ reports
About Grand View Research
Grand View Research, U.S.-based market research and consulting company, provides syndicated as well as customized research reports and consulting services. Registered in California and headquartered in San Francisco, the company comprises over 425 analysts and consultants, adding more than 1200 market research reports to its vast database each year. These reports offer in-depth analysis on 46 industries across 25 major countries worldwide. With the help of an interactive market intelligence platform, Grand View Research helps Fortune 500 companies and renowned academic institutes understand the global and regional business environment and gauge the opportunities that lie ahead.
Corporate Sales Specialist, USA
Grand View Research, Inc.
Toll Free: 1-888-202-9519
Follow Us: LinkedIn | Twitter
SOURCE Grand View Research, Inc.