SAN FRANCISCO, March 2, 2020 /PRNewswire/ -- The global stem cell market size is expected to reach USD 17.9 billion by 2027, expanding at a CAGR of 8.2%, according to a new report by Grand View Research, Inc. Recent advances in tissue engineering strategies hold the potential to draw attention to the treatment of several chronic disorders. Moreover, automation in adult and cord blood processing and storage is expected to drive market growth significantly.
Key suggestions from the report:
- Adult stem cells (ASCs) segment occupied the largest share of the products in 2019 and is expected to maintain its dominance across the analysis period
- Factors such as long term renewal property, low rejection rates, and minimal ethical concerns associated with the utility of ASCs are attributive towards larger market share
- The regenerative medicine segment accounted for the largest share of owing to a huge pipeline for regenerative medicine products
- The cell acquisition technology segment occupied a major revenue share and is anticipated to witness the fastest CAGR over the forecast period owing to a rise in the number of research projects that require the application of cell harvesting technologies
- Allogenic therapy is the most commonly adopted therapy owing to its graft-versus-cancer response in cancer treatment and graft-versus-host response in organ or tissue transplant
- These responses allow allogenic stem cells to kill the cancer remaining after drug therapy and to prevent organ rejection and other complications post-surgery
- Presence of major companies, extensive government funding, and increasing research have contributed to the largest market share in North America
- The Asia Pacific region is expected to grow at a lucrative pace owing to strong product pipelines in regenerative therapies and large patient population
- Osiris Therapeutics Inc; BIOTIME, INC.; Celgene Corporation; STEMCELL Technologies Inc.; and Cynata are some of the key players operating in the stem cells market.
- The key players are undertaking strategic initiatives to maintain their market share. They are keen to seek investment from other bodies and also collaborate with other pharmaceutical giants. This is set to enhance market growth over the forecast period.
Read 190 page research report with ToC on "Stem Cells Market Size, Share & Trends Analysis Report By Product (Adult Stem Cells, HESC), By Application, By Technology, By Therapy, By Region, And Segment Forecasts, 2020 - 2027" at: https://www.grandviewresearch.com/industry-analysis/stem-cells-market
The development of banking facilities and resultant enhancement of stem cell production, storage, and characterization are also expected to enhance the volumetric capabilities of this therapy, globally. This would lead to revenue generation in the global market.
Regenerative medicine and cellular therapies are considered to transform the healthcare industry in a few years. Therefore, key players are focused on developing advanced therapeutics for the treatment of Alzheimer's disease, Parkinson's disease, degenerative eye disorders, cancer, and stroke. Most of these therapies are under clinical trials and are expected to be launched soon.
Furthermore, the presence of a strong, diverse clinical pipeline is expected to accelerate revenue generation in the global market. Easy access to data through genomic, proteomic, and EHR databases has encouraged companies to investigate various therapies to aid in the treatment of previously untreatable conditions.
Grand View Research has segmented the global stem cells market on the basis of product, application, technology, therapy, and region:
- Stem Cells Product Outlook (Revenue, USD Million, 2016 - 2027)
- Adult Stem Cells (ASCs)
- Neuronal ASCs
- Hematopoietic ASCs
- Mesenchymal ASCs
- Umbilical Cord ASCs
- Dental ASCs
- Adipose‐derived ASCs
- Dedifferentiated fat (DFAT) Cells
- Other ASCs
- Human Embryonic Stem Cells
- Induced Pluripotent Stem Cells
- Very Small Embryonic Like Stem Cells
- Stem Cells Application Outlook (Revenue, USD Million, 2016 - 2027)
- Regenerative Medicine
- Cardiovascular and Myocardial Infraction
- Liver Disorder
- Drug Discovery and Development
- Stem Cells Technology Outlook (Revenue, USD Million, 2016 - 2027)
- Cell Acquisition
- Bone Marrow Harvest
- Umbilical Blood Cord
- Cell Production
- Therapeutic Cloning
- In-vitro Fertilization
- Cell Culture
- Expansion and Sub-Culture
- Stem Cells Therapy Outlook (Revenue, USD Million, 2016 - 2027)
- Stem Cells Regional Outlook (Revenue, USD Billion, 2016 - 2027)
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- Middle East & Africa
- South Africa
Find more research reports on Biotechnology Industry, by Grand View Research:
- Tissue Sectioning Market – Global tissue sectioning market size was worth USD 518.58 million in 2019 and is projected to register a CAGR of 6.56% over the forecast period.
- Protein Stability Analysis Market – Global protein stability analysis market size was valued at USD 985.8 million in 2019 and is expected to register a CAGR of 10.8% over the forecast period.
- Single Cell Analysis Market – Global single cell analysis market size was estimated at 2.29 billion in 2019 and is projected to expand at a CAGR of 16.9% during the forecast period.
Gain access to Grand View Compass, our BI enabled intuitive market research database of 10,000+ reports
About Grand View Research
Grand View Research, U.S.-based market research and consulting company, provides syndicated as well as customized research reports and consulting services. Registered in California and headquartered in San Francisco, the company comprises over 425 analysts and consultants, adding more than 1200 market research reports to its vast database each year. These reports offer in-depth analysis on 46 industries across 25 major countries worldwide. With the help of an interactive market intelligence platform, Grand View Research helps Fortune 500 companies and renowned academic institutes understand the global and regional business environment and gauge the opportunities that lie ahead.
Corporate Sales Specialist, USA
Grand View Research, Inc.
Toll Free: 1-888-202-9519
Follow Us: LinkedIn | Twitter
SOURCE Grand View Research, Inc.