SAN FRANCISCO, Jan. 14, 2021 /PRNewswire/ -- The global space robotics market size is expected to reach USD 5.71 billion by 2027, registering a CAGR of 5.2% from 2020 to 2027, according to a new report by Grand View Research, Inc. Space robotics is gaining traction in recent years owing to the growing exploration of outer space; the need for operations & maintenance of satellites, space stations, and other platforms; and the need for saving cost and mitigating safety issues. Furthermore, the rising trend of using autonomous systems and Artificial Intelligence (AI) technology in robotics is widening the horizon of space exploration.
Key suggestions from the report:
- The Remotely Operated Vehicles (ROVs) segment is expected to register the fastest CAGR over the forecast period owing to the increasing demand for autonomous robots in the space industry
- The deep-space segment is estimated to be the fastest-growing application from 2020 to 2027 owing to the growing emphasis on outer space exploration programs
- The government segment led the market in 2019 and is expected to retain the dominant position throughout the forecast years as government organizations, such as NASA, JAXA, ESA, and CSA, are collaborating with private companies owing to their robust R&D capabilities
Read 115 page research report with ToC on "Space Robotics Market Size, Share & Trends Analysis Report By Solution (Services, ROVs), By Application (Near Space, Deep Space), By Organization Type (Commercial, Government), And Segment Forecasts, 2020 - 2027" at: https://www.grandviewresearch.com/industry-analysis/space-robotics-market
Several countries are launching multiple spaceship and satellite programs for near and deep space exploration, which requires timely maintenance and repairs, creating the need for advanced robotics systems. Renowned space organizations, such as the National Aeronautics and Space Administration (NASA), the European Space Agency (ESA), the Canadian Space Agency (CSA), and the Japan Aerospace Exploration Agency (JAXA), are developing humanoid robots for their space programs to perform transportation, maintenance, and servicing operations, relieving crew from dangerous tasks. Moreover, the rising number of unmanned space missions are fueling the demand for space robots.
Space robotics provides greater access and operational handing capabilities in space. Moreover, the robots can help astronauts perform several cognitive tasks in the space station. Due to their larger application scope, robots are deemed relevant across all the mission phases, such as launch, operation, development, and flight system production. The rising number of scientific space research programs also boosts the demand for advanced robots with Machine Learning (ML) capabilities. Machine learning improves the autonomous functions of robots, such as sensing, planning, and navigation. The technology also helps in diversifying locomotion and increasing the autonomy level of space robotic arms. The scope of space robots is expected to shift toward robotic explorers and robotic assistance in the coming years.
Europe has been very active in the development of space robotics technology. The ESA is developing the European Robotic Arm (ERA), which is to be installed on the Russian segment of ISS. Moreover, the Luxembourg Space Agency (LSA) is developing a low-cost and scalable robotic arm for low-orbit satellite programs. The LSA is keen on building a space resource industry in the country. In 2019, the Luxembourg Government signed a memorandum of understanding with NASA to work on space programs jointly. These initiatives are expected to propel the market growth over the forecast period.
Grand View Research has segmented the global space robotics market on the basis of solution, application, organization type, and region:
- Space Robotics Solution Outlook (Revenue, USD Million, 2016 - 2027)
- Remotely Operated Vehicles (ROV)
- Rovers/Spacecraft Landers
- Space Probes
- Remote Manipulator System (RMS)
- Robotic Arms/Manipulator Systems
- Gripping & Docking Systems
- Space Robotics Application Outlook (Revenue, USD Million, 2016 - 2027)
- Deep Space
- Space Transportation
- Space Exploration
- Near Space
- Space Transportation
- Space Exploration
- In-space Maintenance
- Space Robotics Organization Type Outlook (Revenue, USD Million, 2016 - 2027)
- Space Robotics Regional Outlook (Revenue, USD Million, 2016 - 2027)
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- Middle East & Africa
List of Key Players of Space Robotics Market
- Altius Space
- Astrobotic Technology, Inc.
- BluHaptics, Inc. (Olis Robotics)
- Honeybee Robotics
- Intuitive Machines, LLC
- Maxar Technologies
- Metecs, LLC
- Motiv Space Systems, Inc.
- Northrop Grumman Corp.
- Oceaneering International, Inc.
Find more research reports on Next Generation Technologies Industry, by Grand View Research:
- Artificial Intelligence Market – The global artificial intelligence market size was valued at USD 39.9 billion in 2019 and is expected to grow at a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 42.2% from 2020 to 2027.
- Machine Learning Market – The global machine learning market size was valued at USD 6.9 billion in 2018 and is anticipated to register a CAGR of 43.8% from 2019 to 2025.
- Satellite Payloads Market – The global satellite payloads market size was estimated at USD 11.25 billion in 2016. Significant innovations in communication & navigation applications such as Radio Frequency (RF) payload systems.
Gain access to Grand View Compass, our BI enabled intuitive market research database of 10,000+ reports
About Grand View Research
Grand View Research, U.S.-based market research and consulting company, provides syndicated as well as customized research reports and consulting services. Registered in California and headquartered in San Francisco, the company comprises over 425 analysts and consultants, adding more than 1200 market research reports to its vast database each year. These reports offer in-depth analysis on 46 industries across 25 major countries worldwide. With the help of an interactive market intelligence platform, Grand View Research helps Fortune 500 companies and renowned academic institutes understand the global and regional business environment and gauge the opportunities that lie ahead.
Corporate Sales Specialist, USA
Grand View Research, Inc.
Toll Free: 1-888-202-9519
Follow Us: LinkedIn | Twitter
SOURCE Grand View Research, Inc.