SAN FRANCISCO, October 11, 2017 /PRNewswire/ --
The global sodium chlorite market is expected to reach USD 256.4 million by 2025, growing at a CAGR of 6.0%, according to a new report by Grand View Research, Inc. Superior antimicrobial, bleaching and disinfectant properties offered by the product is expected to drive its demand in water treatment, pulp & paper, medical and textile applications.
Sodium chlorite manufacturers compete on the basis of product price, grades, and their global reach. Chinese companies are the price settlers for the product as the region dominates the production in the world. Increasing raw material prices coupled with competitive pricing in the industry are expected to hamper the profit margins for the players.
The product has been labelled as a hazardous material under USDOT regulations (49 CFR) and has to adhere to all 49 CFR regulations, which makes the shipping of the chemical an expensive proposition. Thus, shipping smaller quantities of the product is not a cost-effective practice, which compels manufacturers to trade their products in bulk quantities.
Browse full research report with TOC on "Sodium Chlorite Market Analysis By Application (Disinfectant, Antimicrobial Agent, Bleaching Agent), End-Use (Water treatment, Paper, Textile, Medical), By Region (North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Latin America, Africa), And Segment Forecasts, 2012 - 2025" at: http://www.grandviewresearch.com/industry-analysis/sodium-chlorite-market
Further Key Findings From the Report Suggest:
- The demand for the chemical as a disinfectant was valued at USD 92.7 million in 2016, and is expected to grow over the projected to period, owing to its increasing penetration in water treatment and medical application
- Water treatment was the largest application for the product accounting for 53.2% of the overall demand in 2016. Excellent biocidal and antimicrobial properties associated the product is expected to propel its demand in water treatment application
- The demand for the product in textile industry is expected to grow at a CAGR of 6.3% from 2017 to 2025, owing to its emergence as an excellent source for chlorine dioxide, which is a key bleaching agent required during fabric manufacturing
- Asia Pacific dominated the industry accounting over 75% of the global production, with China being the largest producer in the region. Rapid growth of domestic pulp & paper and water treatment industries in the region is expected to surge domestic consumption
- North America is expected to witness a growth of 5.4% from 2017 to 2025 owing to rising government focus to improve water and wastewater treatment processes in the region
- OxyChem dominates the industry in the North America, as it the only producer of the chemical in the U.S. The company owns manufacturing facility for the product in Wichita, Kansas, wherein they produce both solid and liquid grades of the product
- The key players involved include DuPont, ERCO Worldwide, Occidental Petroleum Corporation (OxyChem) and American Elements
Browse related reports by Grand View Research:
- Food preservatives Market - http://www.grandviewresearch.com/industry-analysis/food-preservatives-market
- Surface Disinfectant Market - http://www.grandviewresearch.com/industry-analysis/surface-disinfectant-market
- Glacial Acetic Acid Market - http://www.grandviewresearch.com/industry-analysis/global-glacial-acetic-acid-market
- Alcohol Based Disinfectant Market - http://www.grandviewresearch.com/industry-analysis/alcohol-based-disinfectant-market
Grand View Research has segmented the global sodium chlorite market on the basis of application, end-use and region:
- Application Outlook (Volume, Tons; Revenue, USD Thousands, 2012 - 2025)
- Antimicrobial agent
- Bleaching agent
- End- Use Outlook (Volume, Tons; Revenue, USD Thousands, 2012 - 2025)
- Water treatment
- Regional Outlook (Volume, Tons; Revenue, USD Thousands, 2012 - 2025)
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Central & South America
- Middle East
- United Arab Emirates
- Saudi Arabia
- North America
Read Our Blog By Grand View Research: http://www.grandviewresearch.com/blogs/bulk-chemicals
About Grand View Research
Grand View Research, Inc. is a U.S. based market research and consulting company, registered in the State of California and headquartered in San Francisco. The company provides syndicated research reports, customized research reports, and consulting services. To help clients make informed business decisions, we offer market intelligence studies ensuring relevant and fact-based research across a range of industries, from technology to chemicals, materials and healthcare.
Corporate Sales Specialist, USA
Grand View Research, Inc
Toll Free: 1-888-202-9519
SOURCE Grand View Research, Inc.