SAN FRANCISCO, October 3, 2017 /PRNewswire/ --
The global silanes market is expected to reach USD 2.15 billion by 2025, according to a new report by Grand View Research, Inc. The use of silane in various end-user industries as a cross-linker and coupling agent has fueled the product demand.
Silane, a versatile silicone compound, is used in coupling, crosslinking, adhesion promotion, and surface modification. It imparts tear resistance, abrasion resistance, and tear propagation resistance properties to rubbers. Rubbers used in automotive tires, shoe soles, and hoses are manufactured using silanes.
It is used as an adhesion promoter in coatings to improve their abrasion resistance, UV resistance, and flow behavior. The rising demand for corrosion protection coatings has propelled the silanes market in the paints & coatings application in the recent past.
Asia Pacific dominated the global silane market in 2016 and is likely to maintain its leading position over the forecast period. The significant growth of the paints & coatings market, especially in China, has propelled the demand for silane over the past few years. Furthermore, increased production of rubber and plastic goods in Asia Pacific has boosted this demand.
Browse full research report with TOC on "Silane Market Analysis By Product (Alkyl, Sulfur, Amino, Vinyl, Epoxy, Methacrylate, Mono/chloro), By Application (Coatings, Adhesives, Plastics, Fiber Treatment), And By Region and Segment Forecast, 2014 - 2025" at: http://www.grandviewresearch.com/industry-analysis/silane-market
Further Key Findings From the Study Suggest:
- The global silanes market was valued at USD 1.48 billion in 2016 and is anticipated to record a CAGR of 4.3% from 2017 to 2025 owing to the rising demand for the product in paints & coatings worldwide
- Mono/chloro silane was the largest product segment in the market, accounting for around 26% of the market revenue in 2016 owing to its superior performance in various applications. The segment is projected to register the highest CAGR of 5.2% from 2017 to 2025.
- Amino was the second-largest consumed product variety in the global market in 2016 and this trend is projected to continue over the forecast period. Its advantageous ability to reinforce and strengthen chemical bonding has promoted its usage as a coupling agent and adhesion promoter.
- Paints & coatings was the largest application segment in the market, holding a share of over 31% in the global revenue in 2016. The ability of silane to enhance scratch resistance and abrasion resistance properties of coatings has propelled the product demand in the paints & coatings segment.
- Rubber & plastics is predicted to be another key application segment in the market over the next few years. The worldwide focus to reduce fuel consumption and CO2 emissions has encouraged the product usage in automotive tires over the past few years.
- Asia Pacific held the largest share in the global market and is expected to reflect a steady CAGR from 2017 to 2025. In 2016, China was the major consumer in this region followed by India.
- In 2016, North America was the second-leading region in the global market, mainly driven by a significant demand for the product in the U.S.
- Key players include Evonik Industries AG; Shin Etsu Chemical Co., Ltd.; Wacker Chemie AG; Momentive Performance Materials, Inc.; and Dow Corning. Majority of the manufacturers are engaged in innovation and extensive research & development to expand their product portfolio and application areas.
Browse related reports by Grand View Research:
- Epichlorohydrin Market - http://www.grandviewresearch.com/industry-analysis/epichlorohydrin-ech-market
- Acrylic Surface Coating Market - http://www.grandviewresearch.com/industry-analysis/acrylic-surface-coating-market
- Bio-based and Low VOC Paints Market - http://www.grandviewresearch.com/industry-analysis/bio-based-low-voc-paints- market
- Anthracene Market - http://www.grandviewresearch.com/industry-analysis/anthracene-market
Grand View Research has segmented the global silane market on the basis of product, application, and region:
- Product Outlook (Volume, Kilotons; Revenue, USD Million; 2014 - 2025)
- Alkyl silane
- Sulfur silane
- Amino silane
- Vinyl silane
- Epoxy silane
- Methacrylate silane
- Mono/chloro silane
- Application Outlook (Volume, Kilotons; Revenue, USD Million; 2014 - 2025)
- Paints & coatings
- Adhesives and sealants
- Rubber & plastics
- Fiber treatment
- Regional Outlook (Volume, Kilotons; Revenue, USD Million; 2014 - 2025)
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Central & South America
- Middle East & Africa
- Saudi Arabia
- North America
Read Our Blog By Grand View Research: http://www.grandviewresearch.com/blogs/bulk-chemicals
About Grand View Research
Grand View Research, Inc. is a U.S. based market research and consulting company, registered in the State of California and headquartered in San Francisco. The company provides syndicated research reports, customized research reports, and consulting services. To help clients make informed business decisions, we offer market intelligence studies ensuring relevant and fact-based research across a range of industries, from technology to chemicals, materials and healthcare.
Corporate Sales Specialist, USA
Grand View Research, Inc
Toll Free: 1-888-202-9519
SOURCE Grand View Research, Inc.