- Integration enables businesses to more easily create compelling visual ads on Facebook using Shutterstock's API
NEW YORK, Aug. 22, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- Shutterstock, Inc. (NYSE: SSTK), a leading global provider of commercial digital imagery, today announced a collaboration with Facebook to offer more than 1 million active advertisers seamless access to millions of high-quality photographs and illustrations. The relationship underscores the growing importance of visuals in connecting and communicating with audiences around the globe, and expands Shutterstock's rapidly growing customer reach.
"Businesses of all sizes need compelling, high-quality imagery in order to compete and to communicate with their audiences," said Shutterstock's founder and CEO Jon Oringer. "We're working with Facebook to make it easier than ever for them to do just that."
How it works:
- Businesses will be able to search and choose from millions of Shutterstock images directly within Facebook's ad creation tool
- Advertisers can use up to six images at a time when creating a group of ads, to determine which images perform the best
- Advertisers can seamlessly use Shutterstock images in any ad created using Facebook's Ad Create tool, including News Feed, Mobile and Desktop units
- Access to Shutterstock imagery will be included at no additional cost to advertisers, while Shutterstock image contributors will receive royalties each time an image is licensed on the platform
"Shutterstock has a massive image library, and accessing their API allows Facebook to provide this library to our advertisers," said Blake Williams, Product Manager for Facebook Ad Creation. "This integration is especially important for small and medium-sized businesses who may not have the time or resources to acquire creative images for their marketing initiatives."
Facebook advertisers will begin seeing the option to use Shutterstock images gradually over the next few weeks. Additional information can be found on Shutterstock's blog.
Learn more about Shutterstock's industry-leading API, here.
Shutterstock works closely with its growing contributor community of photographers, videographers, illustrators and designers to curate a global marketplace for royalty-free imagery. Shutterstock adds tens of thousands of rights-cleared images each week, and with more than 25 million images currently available, the company recently surpassed 300-million image downloads.
Facebook® is a registered trademark of Facebook Inc.
SOURCE Shutterstock, Inc.