SAN FRANCISCO, Oct. 21, 2020 /PRNewswire/ -- The global probiotic drink market size is expected to reach USD 21.95 billion by 2027, according to a new report by Grand View Research, Inc., expanding at a CAGR of 6.1% from 2020 to 2027. The increasing adoption of functional beverages resulting from rising health concerns among consumers is boosting the growth of the market over the world. Probiotic Drink offers several health benefits, including digestive health, weight loss, and immune function. Furthermore, they boost mental health by reducing depression, obsessive-compulsive disorder (OCD), anxiety, and autism. Additionally, the increasing availability of these ready-to-drink products has been promoting the growth of the market.
Key suggestions from the report:
- Central and South America is expected to register the fastest CAGR of 7.2% from 2020 to 2027 owing to the increased importance of functional beverages in countries, including Brazil and Argentina
- The dairy-based product segment dominated the market by accounting for over 55.0% share of the global revenue in 2019. Easy product access, along with first-mover advantage in the market, is expected to fuel the growth of the segment
- The online distribution channel segment is expected to expand at the fastest CAGR of 6.7% from 2020 to 2027 owing to the convenient shopping and easy payment process offered by such channels.
Read 80 page research report with ToC on "Probiotic Drink Market Size, Share & Trends Analysis Report By Product (Dairy-based, Plant-based), By Distribution Channel (Offline, Online), By Region, And Segment Forecasts, 2020 - 2027'' at: https://www.grandviewresearch.com/industry-analysis/probiotic-drink-market
Dairy-based products led the market with over 55.0% share of the global revenue in 2019. Dairy-based products, especially yogurt-based products, are traditional probiotics widely available over the world. Kefir and buttermilk are some of the popular regional beverages gaining popularity across the globe. The plant-based product segment is expected to register the fastest CAGR over the forecast period due to the increasing number of lactose-intolerant people worldwide. Several manufacturers including Goodbelly (NextFoods), KeVita (PepsiCo), and Harmless Harvest. sell plant-based products only.
The Asia Pacific dominated the market in 2019 with more than 40.0% share. China, Japan, and India are the key markets in the region. In February 2018, Yakult Danone India launched a new product under the brand name, Yakult Light. This beverage contains vitamin D, vitamin E, and less sugar. Health experts believe that the added benefits of vitamin D and vitamin E help improve bone health and slow down the process of aging.
Central and South America are expected to grow at the fastest CAGR of 7.2% from 2020 to 2027. Growing demand for functional beverages in countries, such as Brazil and Argentina, as a result of increased health consciousness and growing middle-class population at the global level, is expected to fuel the demand for the product in the region.
Grand View Research has segmented the global probiotic drink market on the basis of product, distribution channel, and region:
- Probiotic Drink Product Outlook (Revenue, USD Million, 2016 - 2027)
- Probiotic Drink Distribution Channel Outlook (Revenue, USD Million, 2016 - 2027)
- Probiotic Drink Regional Outlook (Revenue, USD Million, 2016 - 2027)
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Central & South America
- Middle East & Africa
- South Africa
List of Key Players of Probiotic Drink Market
- Yakult Honsha Co., Ltd.
- Danone S.A.
- GCMMF (Amul)
- Harmless Harvest
- Bio-K Plus International Inc.
- Fonterra Co-operative Group
- Lifeway Foods, Inc.
- Nestle SA
- Chobani, LLC
Find more research reports on Consumer F&B Industry, by Grand View Research:
- Cocoa Nibs Market – The roasted and crushed cocoa beans are naturally low in sugar and are a rich source of fibers, healthy fats, proteins, antioxidants, and minerals, such as iron, phosphorus, magnesium, and zinc. These nutritional properties are expected to attract buyers to maintain a healthy lifestyle.
- Fruit Snacks Market – Vegetable and fruit-based foods that provide nutritional benefits without compromising on texture and taste are gaining traction among all the age groups, including kids, millennials, and Generation X, across the globe. Moreover, the rising purchasing power of the consumers is allowing them to opt for premium and exotic products.
- Organic Food And Beverages Market – The organic foods and beverages industry is dominated by European and American countries. The U.S. held the largest share of approximately 39% of global revenue in 2015. This can be attributed to the increasing awareness towards genetically modified crops and chemicals used for promoting plant growth and controlling pests.
Gain access to Grand View Compass, our BI enabled intuitive market research database of 10,000+ reports
About Grand View Research
Grand View Research, U.S.-based market research and consulting company, provides syndicated as well as customized research reports and consulting services. Registered in California and headquartered in San Francisco, the company comprises over 425 analysts and consultants, adding more than 1200 market research reports to its vast database each year. These reports offer in-depth analysis on 46 industries across 25 major countries worldwide. With the help of an interactive market intelligence platform, Grand View Research helps Fortune 500 companies and renowned academic institutes understand the global and regional business environment and gauge the opportunities that lie ahead.
Corporate Sales Specialist, USA
Grand View Research, Inc.
Toll Free: 1-888-202-9519
Follow Us: LinkedIn | Twitter
SOURCE Grand View Research, Inc.