SAN FRANCISCO, June 25, 2019 /PRNewswire/ -- The global population health management market size is expected to reach USD 101.0 billion by 2025, according to a new report by Grand View Research, Inc. It is projected to register a CAGR of 20.7% during the forecast period. The need for population health services that combine multiple functionalities is increasing, due to the complex nature of care delivery and payment models. PHM solutions can process clinical, financial, and operational data for the improvement of efficiency and patient care. The convenience offered by value-based payment models instead of Fee-for-Service (FFS) is responsible for increased adoption of these solutions by the Accountable Care Organizations (ACOs).
Key suggestions from the report:
- Based on the products, the services segment held majority of the market share in 2018, as healthcare providers prefer in-house maintenance services
- In 2018, healthcare provider held the largest market share of the end-use segment. The providers can focus effectively on patient-centric care and reducing overall costs
- North America was the largest regional market in 2018 and is likely to retain its position over the forecast period, as the providers, payers, providers-payers, and accountable care organizations promote the use of PHM services
- Asia Pacific is expected to witness the fastest growth in the forthcoming years due to rising healthcare expenditure and improving healthcare infrastructure
- Allscripts, McKesson Corporation, and Cerner Corporation among others are some of the key players operating in the Population Health Management (PHM) market. Business partnerships and acquisitions are some of the key strategic initiatives undertaken by these companies to strengthen their market presence.
Read 120 page research report with TOC on "Population Health Management (PHM) Market Size, Share & Trends Analysis Report By Product (Software, Service), By End Use (Payers, Providers, Employer Groups), By Region, And Segment Forecasts, 2019 - 2025" at: https://www.grandviewresearch.com/industry-analysis/population-health-management-phm-market
ACOs, consist of hospitals, clinics, doctors, and other caregivers, collaborate with payers for the delivery of high-quality patient care. Private and public insurance providers have introduced various disease management programs, to assist in the treatment of chronic illnesses. These multidisciplinary efforts are expected to result in effective treatment outcomes and are likely to suggest best suitable courses of action that need to be undertaken. Successful large-scale trials in U.S. have enabled significant advancements in disease management programs.
The market has a healthy mix of vendors offering PHM along with other healthcare IT solutions. Acquisitions and partnerships are the major strategies adopted by the companies operating in the population health management market. For instance, in 2018 Allscripts announced completion of acquisition of the HealthGrid Holding Company, a developer of enterprise patient engagement solution. The acquisition signifies expansion of the Allscripts FollowMyHealth platform that provides patient engagement solutions focused on connecting consumers with providers.
Grand View Research has segmented the global population health management (PHM) market based on product, end use, and region:
- Population Health Management (PHM) Product Outlook (Revenue, USD Million, 2014 - 2025)
- Population Health Management (PHM) End Use Outlook (Revenue, USD Million, 2014 - 2025)
- Employer Groups
- Population Health Management (PHM) Regional Outlook (Revenue, USD Million, 2014 - 2025
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- Middle East & Africa
- South Africa
- Saudi Arabia
- United Arab Emirates
Find more research reports on Healthcare IT Industry, by Grand View Research:
- Telemetry Market – Global telemetry market is expected to witness lucrative growth opportunities over the forecast period owing to the advantages associated with it includes its ability to allow patients to move freely during the cardiac monitoring procedures.
- Hospital Asset Management Market – Hospital asset management market is expected to witness a lucrative growth during the forecast period owing to the increasing issues in supply chain management along with increasing incidences of drug counterfeiting.
- Computer Assisted Coding (CAC) Systems Market – Global Computer Assisted Coding (CAC) systems market is getting very lucrative over the forecast period owing to the factors such as ease of medical coding, quick coding results, minimizing coding errors, reduction in time for tracing medical records, and reduction in rising healthcare expenditure.
Gain access to Grand View Compass, our BI enabled intuitive market research database of 10,000+ reports
About Grand View Research
Grand View Research, U.S.-based market research and consulting company, provides syndicated as well as customized research reports and consulting services. Registered in California and headquartered in San Francisco, the company comprises over 425 analysts and consultants, adding more than 1200 market research reports to its vast database each year. These reports offer in-depth analysis on 46 industries across 25 major countries worldwide. With the help of an interactive market intelligence platform, Grand View Research helps Fortune 500 companies and renowned academic institutes understand the global and regional business environment and gauge the opportunities that lie ahead.
Corporate Sales Specialist, USA
Grand View Research, Inc.
Toll Free: 1-888-202-9519
Follow Us: LinkedIn | Twitter
SOURCE Grand View Research, Inc.