SAN FRANCISCO, July 16, 2019 /PRNewswire/ -- The global optical character recognition market size is expected to reach USD 13.38 billion by 2025, according to a new report by Grand View Research, Inc. It is anticipated to expand at a CAGR of 13.7% from 2019 to 2025. Increasing investments in Optical Character Recognition (OCR) startup companies and adoption of OCR across diversified industry verticals is projected to drive the OCR market growth.
Key suggestions from the report:
- Significant increase in investment for advancement of OCR in startup companies is expected to remain one of the key driving factors
- Emergence of new technologies such as computer vision, machine learning, and artificial intelligence is unfolding new opportunities for industry growth
- North America led the global optical character recognition market in 2018. Asia Pacific is projected to register the highest CAGR of 16.7% from 2019 to 2025
- Key competitors are Google LLC; Adobe; International Business Machines Corporation; Microsoft Corporation; ABBYY; Anyline GmbH; Captricity Inc. (Vidado); CC Intelligence Corporation; Creaceed SPRL; CVISION Technologies Inc.; LEAD Technologies Inc.; Nuance Communication Inc.; Exper-OCR, Inc.; and Iris S.A.
Read 151 page research report with TOC on "Optical Character Recognition Market Size, Share & Trends Analysis Report By Type (Software, Services), By Vertical (Retail, BFSI, Government, Education, Healthcare), By Region, And Segment Forecasts, 2019 - 2025" at: https://www.grandviewresearch.com/industry-analysis/optical-character-recognition-market
Digitalization plays a critical role in changing the way organizations operate. It has helped companies improve efficiency of their business processes. Enterprises are investing large amounts in technologies that can help them digitalize their work process and increase productivity. Since data is a critical element for an organization, adoption of technologies such as OCR, which enables users to convert text data in different types of documents and images into editable or accessible formats, has increased. OCR solutions are integrated with a wide range of technologies such as robotic process automation and Artificial Intelligence (AI) to enhance their capabilities.
Integration of artificial intelligence with optical character recognition has helped companies in leveraging technological capabilities of artificial intelligence such as deep learning and multi-level analysis for the more efficient processing of documents, texts, and other data in a way similar to that of humans. These advanced technologies also help to address inaccuracies that occur in OCR, thereby providing streamlined fault management. This, in turn, helps reduce costs of processing documents and increase efficiency within the organization.
Vendors across diversified industry verticals, such as retail, banking, and healthcare, are widely adopting OCR technology. In terms of vertical, BFSI accounted for the largest OCR market share in 2018, owing to the increasing use of the technology in business transactions and scanning checks and other critical documents. The demand for OCR in healthcare sector is expected to grow moderately over the forecast period.
North America market accounted for the largest market share of 39.39% in 2018 owing to the early and rapid adoption of advanced technologies across MNCs in the region. Asia Pacific optical character recognition market, on the other hand, is likely to provide promising growth opportunities and is anticipated to register the highest CAGR of 16.7% over the forecast period.
Grand View Research has segmented the global optical character recognition market based on type, vertical, and region:
- Optical Character Recognition Type Outlook (Revenue, USD Million, 2014 - 2025)
- Desktop-based OCR
- Mobile-based OCR
- Cloud-based OCR
- Implementation & Integration
- Optical Character Recognition Vertical Outlook (Revenue, USD Million, 2014 - 2025)
- Transport and Logistics
- IT & Telecom
- Optical Character Recognition Regional Outlook (Revenue, USD Million, 2014 - 2025)
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- South Korea
- Central & South America
- Saudi Arabia
Find more research reports on Next Generation Technologies Industry, by Grand View Research:
- Biometric Market – The global biometric market is expected to witness significant growth owing to the need for accurate identity-based IT solutions and advanced security mechanisms to combat mounting terrorism and criminal activities.
- Green Data Center Market – With the rising cost of electricity, regulations by government, standardizations and the corporate social responsibility of companies, there is an undying need of energy-efficient green data centers in the industry.
- Bitcoin Market – Bitcoin is a form of digital currency which allows performing transactions without the need for a central bank. Bitcoins can be used to purchase goods and services from vendors who accept them as a mode of payment.
Gain access to Grand View Compass, our BI enabled intuitive market research database of 10,000+ reports
About Grand View Research
Grand View Research, U.S.-based market research and consulting company, provides syndicated as well as customized research reports and consulting services. Registered in California and headquartered in San Francisco, the company comprises over 425 analysts and consultants, adding more than 1200 market research reports to its vast database each year. These reports offer in-depth analysis on 46 industries across 25 major countries worldwide. With the help of an interactive market intelligence platform, Grand View Research helps Fortune 500 companies and renowned academic institutes understand the global and regional business environment and gauge the opportunities that lie ahead.
Corporate Sales Specialist, USA
Grand View Research, Inc.
Toll Free: 1-888-202-9519
Follow Us: LinkedIn | Twitter
SOURCE Grand View Research, Inc.