SAN FRANCISCO, June 21, 2022 /PRNewswire/ -- The global kraft liner market size is expected to reach USD 71.28 billion by 2030, according to a new report by Grand View Research, Inc. It is projected to register a CAGR of 6.9% from 2022 to 2030. The growth in the packaging industry on account of the rise of the e-commerce sector across the globe is the major factor driving the market growth over the forecast period.
Key Industry Insights & Findings from the report:
- Kraft liner with GSM 80 to 160 led the market and accounted for 59% of the revenue share in 2021 on account of their various applications in food & beverages, consumer goods, medical tools, equipment, and pharmaceutical industries.
- GSM > 160 product segment was one of the major contributors to the market accounting for 35.5% of the market share. It is expected to grow at a significant CAGR owing to its growing use in the packaging of industrial machinery, automotive parts, glass objects, and others.
- Asia Pacific is estimated to witness the fastest CAGR of 7.2%, owing to the presence of a large number of producers and end-use industries like the food & beverages sector, construction sector, and manufacturing sector.
- The demand in the market was hampered owing to the global outbreak of the COVID-19 pandemic in 2020. Governments in major economies like the U.S., India, South Korea, the U.K., Germany, and Italy, imposed restrictions on several industries to prevent the transmission of the virus.
- To cater to customer demand and meet the challenges of the growing industry the liner board manufacturers are specifically investing in research and development to find the solutions that would have a significant impact on the e-commerce sector.
Get more Industry Insights from full market research report, "Kraft Liner Market Size, Share & Trends Analysis Report By Product (GSM<80, GSM 80 To 160, GSM>160), By Region (North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Latin America, Middle East), And Segment Forecasts, 2022 - 2030", published by Grand View Research.
Kraft Liner Market Growth & Trends
Kraft liner is primarily utilized for packaging as an alternative to plastic-based packaging. It is a two-ply product wherein the top ply is made up of unbleached softwood fibers and the base ply consists of a mixture of unbleached fibers and recycled fibers. Kraft liner has characteristics like great strength and good printability.
An increase in demand for packaging in the e-commerce sector across the globe has led to a rise in the usage of kraft liners. Moreover, rising industrial operations across the globe are projected to drive the growth of industrial logistics thereby driving the demand for kraft liners.
Multinational companies integrate to reduce the overall cost of the process, thereby making it difficult for small players to sustain in the market owing to competitive pricing. Distributors and retailers are the other important entities of the value chain as they have a major influence on the pricing model of the entire process.
Kraft Liner Market Segmentation
Grand View Research has segmented the global kraft liner market based on product and region:
Kraft Liner Market - Product Outlook (Volume, Kilotons; Revenue USD Billion, 2017 - 2030)
- GSM < 80
- GSM 80 to 160
- GSM > 160
Kraft Liner Market - Regional Outlook (Volume, Kilotons; Revenue USD Billion, 2017 - 2030)
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- South Korea
- Central & South America
- Middle East & Africa
List of Key Players in the Kraft Liner Market
- Smurfit Kappa
- Groupo Europac
- Roxcel Handelsges.m.b.H
- Astron Paper & Board Mill
- Eagle Paper International, Inc.
- Thai Paper Mill Company Limited
- International Paper
- Hazel Mercantile Limited
- Mondi Group
- Nine Dragons Paper (Holdings) Limited
Check out more related studies published by Grand View Research:
- Lignin Market - The global lignin market size is expected to reach USD 1.12 billion by 2027, according to a new report by Grand View Research Inc. It is anticipated to expand at a revenue-based CAGR of 2.0% over the forecast period. Wide acceptance of lignin as a natural feed additive is anticipated to drive the demand. Increasing application in construction and industrial sectors is also likely to support the growth.
- Specialty Paper Market - The global specialty paper market size is expected to reach USD 36.4 billion by 2025, according to a new report by Grand View Research, Inc., expanding at a CAGR of 4.1% over the forecast period. The growth of the market is attributed to growing need for packaging and labeling delivery goods. Rise of e-commerce across the world is a major factor increasing the online shopping and delivery of goods, thereby impacting the demand for specialty paper.
- Spray Drying Equipment Market - The global spray drying equipment market size is estimated to reach USD 7.19 billion by 2025 registering a CAGR of 6.8%, according to a new study by Grand View Research, Inc. Spray drying envisages transforming a liquid, slurry, or semi-solid feed into a dried powder form using hot gas. It is a widely preferred method to dry food materials, pharmaceutical products, and other temperature-sensitive items, such as dairy products. Moreover, rising need to increase the shelf-life of processed food and pharmaceutical products is opening new growth opportunities in the food processing and pharmaceutical industries. Thus, demand from the dairy processing industry for producing milk powder and stabilizing the milk constituents and from the pharmaceutical industry for producing antibiotics is anticipated to drive the market.
Browse through Grand View Research's Advanced Interior Materials Industry Research Reports.
About Grand View Research
Grand View Research, U.S.-based market research and consulting company, provides syndicated as well as customized research reports and consulting services. Registered in California and headquartered in San Francisco, the company comprises over 425 analysts and consultants, adding more than 1200 market research reports to its vast database each year. These reports offer in-depth analysis on 46 industries across 25 major countries worldwide. With the help of an interactive market intelligence platform, Grand View Research Helps Fortune 500 companies and renowned academic institutes understand the global and regional business environment and gauge the opportunities that lie ahead.
Corporate Sales Specialist, USA
Grand View Research, Inc.
Toll Free: 1-888-202-9519
Grand View Compass | Astra ESG Solutions
Follow Us: LinkedIn | Twitter
SOURCE Grand View Research, Inc.