SAN FRANCISCO, April 13, 2016 /PRNewswire/ --
Global intravenous immunoglobulin market is expected to reach USD 10.9 billion by 2022, according to a new study by Grand View Research, Inc.
The increasing prevalence of immunodeficiency diseases coupled with the adoption of IVIG therapies is expected to fuel market growth over the forecast period. In addition, increasing off-label use of immunoglobulin and investments in the healthcare sector are factors propelling market growth. Moreover, increasing incidences of bleeding disorders and rising geriatric population base are the factors attributing towards the industry growth.
The rising incorporation of subcutaneous immunoglobulin in the treatment of primary immunodeficiency diseases and in replacement therapy is anticipated to provide growth platform to the immunoglobulin market in the next seven years.
Browse full research report with TOC on "Intravenous Immunoglobulin (IVIG) Market Size & Forecast By Application (Hypogammaglobulinemia, CIDP, Immunodeficiency diseases, Congenital AIDS, Chronic Lymphocytic Leukemia, Myasthenia Gravis, Multifocal Motor Neuropathy, ITP, Kawasaki Disease, Guillain-Barre Syndrome), Immunoglobulin By Route Of Administration (Intravenous, Subcutaneous) And Trend Analysis From 2012 To 2022" at: http://www.grandviewresearch.com/industry-analysis/intravenous-immunoglobulin-market
Further key findings from the study suggest:
- Increasing demand for immunoglobulin replacement therapies to treat hypogammaglobulinemia diseases is driven by rising awareness levels amongst patients and increasing incidences of the disease. This has attributed towards hypogammaglobulinemia diseases segment's dominant market share in 2014
- The U.S. National library of Medicine and the National Institute of Health published a report, which states that in 2012, about 6 million patients suffered from PID (Primary immunodeficiency Diseases) globally and is expected to grow further, representing the potential growth for the treatment of hypogammaglobulinemia in the coming years
- The Kawasaki disease market segment is expected to grow at a rapid pace with a lucrative CAGR of over 8.0% from 2015 to 2022 owing to the massive adoption of IVIG treatment in the aforementioned disease management
- Intravenous route of administration is most commonly used in the treatment of autoimmune diseases and accounted for the largest market share in 2014. Subcutaneous administration is anticipated to be growing at a lucrative CAGR of over 9.0% during the forecast period. This can be attributed to the associated potential advantages such as fewer side effects and shorter response time with subcutaneous route of administration and rising preference for subcutaneous home-based self-infusion
- North America held the largest regional market share in terms of revenue in 2014 due to the presence of a well-regulated healthcare system, the larger pool of target population, and high patient awareness pertinent to the plasma protein products
- The European intravenous immunoglobulin market is expected to show an impressive CAGR at above 6.0% over the forecast period owing to the increasing number of patients with bleeding disorders and growing number of CIDP patients
- Countries such as India, China, and South Africa are expected to show significant growth over the forecast period owing to improving healthcare facilities, rising healthcare expenditure, and growing public awareness of immune deficiency disorders
- Chinese IVIG market is poised to show a growth rate of over 7.0% owing to the presence of major market players such as China Biologics Products, Inc. facilitating the industry growth
- Some key players of IVIG industry are Biotest AG, Octapharma AG, China Biologics Products Ltd., Baxter international, Inc., CSL Limited, LFB group and Grifols S.A.
- These key players are adopting strategic alliances to sustain the competition. These initiatives include mergers & acquisitions, collaborations, and new product developments.
- For instance, in January 2016, Biotest AG entered into a collaborative agreement with Kedrion Pharma to expand the distribution capabilities of Bivigam. This was carried out to improve production facility utilization and manage idle capacity costs enabling better optimization.
Grand View Research has segmented the global intravenous immunoglobulin market on the basis of application and region:
- Global Intravenous Immunoglobulin Market Application Outlook (Revenue, USD Million, 2012 - 2022)
- Immunodeficiency diseases
- Congenital AIDS
- Chronic Lymphocytic Leukemia
- Myasthenia Gravis
- Multifocal motor neuropathy
- Kawasaki disease
- Guillain-Barre syndrome
- Global Immunoglobulin Market Route of Administration Outlook (Revenue, USD Million, 2012 - 2022)
- Intravenous Immunoglobulin Regional Outlook (Revenue, USD Million, 2012 - 2022)
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- South Africa
- North America
Browse related reports by Grand View Research:
- Pharmaceutical Contract manufacturing Market - http://www.grandviewresearch.com/industry-analysis/pharmaceutical-contract-manufacturing-market
- Orthobiological Products Market - http://www.grandviewresearch.com/industry-analysis/orthobiological-products-market
- Active Pharmaceutical Ingredient (API) Market - http://www.grandviewresearch.com/industry-analysis/active-pharmaceutical-ingredients-market
- Biotechnology Reagents Market - http://www.grandviewresearch.com/industry-analysis/biotechnology-reagent-market
About Grand View Research
Grand View Research, Inc. is a U.S. based market research and consulting company, registered in the State of California and headquartered in San Francisco. The company provides syndicated research reports, customized research reports, and consulting services. To help clients make informed business decisions, we offer market intelligence studies ensuring relevant and fact-based research across a range of industries, from technology to chemicals, materials and healthcare.
SOURCE Grand View Research, Inc.