SAN FRANCISCO, July 16, 2018 /PRNewswire/ --
The global in vitro diagnostics (IVD) market size is expected to reach USD 97.01 billion by 2022, according to a new report by Grand View Research, Inc., rising at a CAGR of 6.8% during the forecast period. Increasing incidence of sexually transmitted and gastrointestinal diseases coupled with surging demand for large-scale screening, particularly for cancer, is stimulating the growth of the market. IVD helps in detecting whether a particular medicine or treatment would work on a patient.
Constant innovations and advancements play a pivotal role in the development of the market. IVD is being increasingly used in every stage of the patient care and nearly each healthcare setting. Though, most of these tests are remotely performed, making their presence unnoticed.
Various organizations are functioning to monitor the market. For instance, BIVDA is an association of companies with high involvement and interest and represents manufacturers and distributors functioning in the U.K.
Rapidly changing healthcare environment and growing acknowledgment of diagnostics role in patient care, along with rising awareness regarding importance of early diagnosis of chronic diseases, are likely to boost the growth of the IVD market.
Surging demand for point-of-care detection and identification of various infectious diseases such respiratory tract infections, including Legionnaires' disease, RSV, influenza, and pneumonia, coupled with pathogens causing filariasis and malaria, is providing a significant push to the market.
Browse full research report with TOC on "In Vitro Diagnostics (IVD) Market Size, Share & Trends Analysis Report By Product, By Application, By Technology (Clinical Chemistry, Molecular Diagnostics, Coagulation, Microbiology), By End User, And Segment Forecasts, 2013 - 2022" at: https://www.grandviewresearch.com/industry-analysis/in-vitro-diagnostics-ivd-market
Further Key Findings From the Report Suggest:
- Reagents were the largest segment in 2016 and are expected to show the fastest growth over the forecast period owing to rising R&D activities pertaining to self-test and point-of-care products
- Infectious disease dominated the market in 2016 due to increasing incidence of infectious diseases such as pneumonia, tuberculosis, and HIV.
- Hospitals were one of the largest segment in 2016 owing to rising number of hospitalized patients
- North America dominated the IVD market in 2016 due to rising prevalence of chronic disorders such as respiratory diseases and cancer in this region
- Asia Pacific is expected to be the fastest growing region over the forecast period. Rising per capita healthcare expenditure, government initiatives, and growing clinical research activities for advanced diagnostics are likely to drive the regional market.
Browse related reports by Grand View Research:
- In Vivo CRO Market - The global in vivo CRO market was valued at 2.3 billion in 2015. The economic efficiency offered for outsourcing rather than conducting an in-house study is expected to boost the demand.
- Critical Care Diagnostics Market - The global critical care diagnostic (CCD) market size was estimated at USD 837.6 million in 2015.
- Connected Health And Wellness Devices Market - The global connected health & wellness devices market was valued at USD 123.2 billion in 2015.
- Bioprosthetics Market - The global bioprosthetics market was valued at USD 2.59 billion in 2015 and is anticipated to grow at a CAGR of over 10.5% during the forecast period.
Grand View Research has segmented the global in vitro diagnostics market report on the basis of technology, application, and region:
- In Vitro Diagnostics Product Outlook (Revenue, USD Million, 2013 - 2022)
- In Vitro Diagnostics Application Outlook (Revenue, USD Million, 2013 - 2022)
- Infectious Disease
- Autoimmune Diseases
- Drug Testing
- In Vitro Diagnostics Technology Outlook (Revenue, USD Million, 2013 - 2022)
- Clinical Chemistry
- Molecular Diagnostics
- In Vitro Diagnostics End-use Outlook (Revenue, USD Million, 2013 - 2022)
- Home Care
- In Vitro Diagnostics Regional Outlook (Revenue, USD Million, 2013 - 2022)
- North America
- Asia Pacific
Explore the BI enabled intuitive market research database, The Grand Library, by Grand View Research, Inc.
About Grand View Research
Grand View Research, Inc. is a U.S. based market research and consulting company, registered in the State of California and headquartered in San Francisco. The company provides syndicated research reports, customized research reports, and consulting services. To help clients make informed business decisions, we offer market intelligence studies ensuring relevant and fact-based research across a range of industries, from technology to chemicals, materials and healthcare.
Corporate Sales Specialist, USA
Grand View Research, Inc
Toll Free: 1-888-202-9519
SOURCE Grand View Research, Inc.