SAN FRANCISCO, Sept. 19, 2019 /PRNewswire/ -- The global glamping market size is expected to reach USD 4.8 billion by 2025, according to a new report by Grand View Research, Inc. It is anticipated to register a CAGR of 12.5% during the forecast period. Rising popularity of wellness tourism owing to increasing number of travelers seeking to unwind by connecting to nature while enjoying luxury is expected to drive the growth.
Key suggestions from the report:
- Cabin and pods held the largest market share of 45.0% in 2018 and is anticipated to continue its dominance over the forecast period owing to the advantages offered by this accommodation type such as safety and luxurious amenities
- 18 to 32 year and 33 to 50 year age groups hold more than 75.0% of market share owing to increasing number of campers seeking rough camping experience along with luxe amenities
- In 2019, Tribute Portfolio, Marriott International's hotel collection brand launched Natra Bintan, a total of 100 safari-themed tents offering glamping in exotic hubs of Bintan Island and Indonesia's Riau Archipelago
- Some of the major players operating in the glamping market are The Resort at Paws Up, Under Canvas, Collective Retreats, Tentrr, Eco Retreats, Longitude 131º, Nightfall Camp Pty Ltd. Tanja Lagoon Camp, Wildman Wilderness Lodge, and Paper Bark Camp
Read 80 page research report with ToC on "Glamping Market Size, Share & Trends Analysis Report By Accommodation Type (Cabins, Tents), By Age Group (18-32 Years, 33-50 Years), By Region, And Segment Forecasts, 2019 - 2025" at: https://www.grandviewresearch.com/industry-analysis/glamping-market
Availability of modern amenities and resort-style services while being in the midst of nature is expected to drive the preference for glamping. Major outdoor tourism providers offer rough camping experience with luxe amenities such as kitchen appliances, indoor bathrooms and portable toilets, air conditioning, luxury beds, TV, and Wi-Fi among others. Rising preference for safari and adventure tourism among families is projected to further fuel the growth over the forecast period.
Several music festival organizers offer glamping accommodations, which is projected to expand the scope of commercialization of these services and in turn fuel the market growth. Availability of exotic, unconventional, and extraordinary landscapes with luxury accommodations is projected to drive the popularity of glamping among young travelers. Market players use social media platforms and travel and tourism blogs to promote their services. On demand glamping is a new trend observed in the tourism industry. These services provide customized glamorous camping packages to suit the consumer demand. For instance, Honey Glamping, based in New Zealand, offers mobile glamping services anywhere in Great Auckland Area, to organize festivals, weddings, and staycations.
Cabin and pods type of accommodation held the largest market share in 2018 and is estimated to be witness the fastest growth over the forecasted period. Factors such as safety, lockable window and doors, and availability of amenities is anticipated to drive the consumer preference for this type of accommodation. Ten accommodation is also expected to witness significant growth over the forecasted period. Trend of hosting functions such as wedding, reception, parties, and corporate events on beach side is projected to boost demand of tents accommodation with exotic view.
Rising influence of social media and internet is projected to create awareness about glamping among millennials. The 18 to 32 years age group held the largest glamping market share in 2018 and expand at the fastest CAGR during the forecast period. Factors such as availability of time, preference for experience over possessions and traditional pampering, and willingness to spend on luxury travel are projected to boost the segment growth. The 33 to 50 year age group is anticipated to register the second fastest CAGR over the forecast period. Factors such as high spending power and financial freedom are anticipated to drive the growth of the segment. However, busy working schedule may restrain the segment growth.
Grand View Research has segmented the global glamping market on the basis of accommodation type, age group, and region:
- Glamping Accommodation Type Outlook (Revenue, USD Million, 2015 - 2025)
- Cabins and Pods
- Glamping Age Group Outlook (Revenue, USD Million, 2015 - 2025)
- 18-32 years
- 33-50 years
- 51-65 years
- Above 65 years
- Glamping Regional Outlook (Revenue, USD Million, 2015 - 2025)
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Central & South America
- Middle East & Africa
- South Africa
Find more research reports on Consumer Goods Industry, by Grand View Research:
- Yoga Clothing Market – Rising awareness regarding a healthy lifestyle and maintaining balanced body fitness among millennials is expected to promote the application of yoga and thus, in turn, will expand the market scope of clothing products.
- Anti-fatigue Mats Market – Rise in popularity of sit stand desk in developed countries including U.S., Germany, France, and U.K. is driving the companies to install anti-fatigue mats.
- Hosiery Market – The market growth is primarily attributed to growing importance of hosiery as a durable clothing, which reduces leg fatigue and provides excellent comfort characteristics to sports professionals.
Gain access to Grand View Compass, our BI enabled intuitive market research database of 10,000+ reports
About Grand View Research
Grand View Research, U.S.-based market research and consulting company, provides syndicated as well as customized research reports and consulting services. Registered in California and headquartered in San Francisco, the company comprises over 425 analysts and consultants, adding more than 1200 market research reports to its vast database each year. These reports offer in-depth analysis on 46 industries across 25 major countries worldwide. With the help of an interactive market intelligence platform, Grand View Research helps Fortune 500 companies and renowned academic institutes understand the global and regional business environment and gauge the opportunities that lie ahead.
Corporate Sales Specialist, USA
Grand View Research, Inc.
Toll Free: 1-888-202-9519
Follow Us: LinkedIn | Twitter
SOURCE Grand View Research, Inc.