SAN FRANCISCO, May 5, 2020 /PRNewswire/ -- The global fiducial markers market size is estimated to reach USD 142.0 million by 2027 registering a CAGR of 4.2%, according to a new report by Grand View Research, Inc. Increasing prevalence of cancer and growing adoption of radiotherapy procedures are the factors expected to contribute to the market growth. Fiducial markers are widely used in external beam radiotherapy procedures. Therefore, increasing number of external beam radiotherapy procedures is also expected to boost the adoption of these markers. In addition, over most of the cancer patients receive radiation therapy, which in turn, is increasing the product demand.
Key suggestions from the report:
- Gold fiducial markers segment held the largest market share in 2019 and is expected to expand at a healthy CAGR over the forecast period owing to product advantages, such as biocompatibility and enhanced visibility across multiple imaging modalities including CT, MRI, ultrasound, and fluoroscopy.
- Based on application, prostate cancer segment held the largest market share in 2019 and is expected to register a significant CAGR over the forecast period.
- Based on end user, radiotherapy center segment is projected to register the fastest CAGR during the forecast period.
- North America is estimated to be the largest regional fiducial markers market over the forecast period due to growing number of cancer cases and adoption of advanced technologies.
- Some of the prominent companies in the global market are CIVCO Radiotherapy; IZI Medical Products, LLC; Naslund Medical AB; Medtronic PLC; QlRad, Inc.; QFIX; Boston Scientific Corp.; Nanovi A/S; Eckert & Ziegler; and IBA Dosimetry GmbH.
Read 130 page research report with ToC on "Fiducial Markers Market Size, Share & Trends Analysis Report By Modality (Ultrasound, CT/CBCT), By Product (Gold, Gold Combination), By Application (Prostate, Lung, Breast Cancer), By End User, And Segment Forecasts, 2020 - 2027" at: https://www.grandviewresearch.com/industry-analysis/fiducial-markers-market
Rising awareness about the safety and efficiency of advanced radiotherapy techniques, such as stereotactic radiosurgery, intensity-modulated radiotherapy, and image guide radiotherapy, in cancer treatment is expected to boost the market growth. Moreover, several initiatives undertaken by various governments for the development of new radiotherapy centers through direct funding or tax waive-off will aid in market growth.
On the other hand, availability of alternative treatment methods, such as chemotherapy, hormonal therapy, and surgery, is expected to have a negative impact on the product demand. Furthermore, with the advent of advanced imaging modalities, such as PET-based LINAC system, eliminates the need for fiducial markers hampering the market growth. However, high cost of PET-based LINAC systems is expected to contribute to the increased usage of fiducial markers for radiotherapy.
Grand View Research has segmented the global fiducial markers market on the basis of product, modality, application, end user, and region:
- Fiducial Markers Product Outlook (Volume, Units; Revenue, USD Million, 2016 - 2027)
- Gold Combination
- Other Metal
- Fiducial Markers Modality Outlook (Revenue, USD Million, 2016 - 2027)
- Fiducial Markers Application Outlook (Revenue, USD Million, 2016 - 2027)
- Breast Cancer
- Lung Cancer
- Prostate Cancer
- Head and Neck Cancer
- Fiducial Markers End User Outlook (Revenue, USD Million, 2016 - 2027)
- Radiotherapy Center
- Academic and Research Center
- Fiducial Markers Regional Outlook (Revenue, USD Million, 2016 - 2027)
- North America
- The Netherlands
- Asia Pacific
- South Korea
- Latin America
- Middle East & Africa
- South Africa
- Saudi Arabia
Find more research reports on Medical Devices Industry, by Grand View Research:
- Urology Laser Market – Increase in the number of patients suffering from urology-related disorders, rising preference for minimally-invasive surgeries, and technological advancements are some of the factors driving the market growth.
- Pelvic Floor Electric Stimulator Market – Rising prevalence of urinary incontinence, increasing awareness initiative by various organizations and favorable government policies are few factors driving the market growth.
- Cochlear Implant Market – This high growth can be attributed to the advancements in cochlear implants, growing penetration of implants due to expanded geographical reach of market players, and government support.
Gain access to Grand View Compass, our BI enabled intuitive market research database of 10,000+ reports
About Grand View Research
Grand View Research, U.S.-based market research and consulting company, provides syndicated as well as customized research reports and consulting services. Registered in California and headquartered in San Francisco, the company comprises over 425 analysts and consultants, adding more than 1200 market research reports to its vast database each year. These reports offer in-depth analysis on 46 industries across 25 major countries worldwide. With the help of an interactive market intelligence platform, Grand View Research helps Fortune 500 companies and renowned academic institutes understand the global and regional business environment and gauge the opportunities that lie ahead.
Corporate Sales Specialist, USA
Grand View Research, Inc.
Toll Free: 1-888-202-9519
SOURCE Grand View Research, Inc.