SAN FRANCISCO, Sept. 23, 2020 /PRNewswire/ -- The global electronic weighing machines market size is anticipated to reach USD 4.8 billion by 2027, according to a new report by Grand View Research, Inc., expanding at a CAGR of 3.1% from 2020 to 2027. Reliability, accuracy, durability, portability, ease of calibration, and extra features are acting as major factors for increasing adoption and penetration of the product. The growing retail sector, laboratory activities, and increasing awareness about obesity among population have increased the frequency of weight measurement at home, which is driving the demand for electronic weighing machines.
Key suggestions from the report:
- By type, the retail scale segment held the largest share of 33.1% in 2019
- The online distribution channel segment is expected to witness the fastest growth from 2020 to 2027
- Asia Pacific is expected to witness the fastest growth over the forecast period.
Read 80 page research report with ToC on "Electronic Weighing Machines Market Size, Share & Trends Analysis Report By Type (Laboratory Scale, Retail Scale), By Distribution Channel (Online, Offline), By Region, And Segment Forecasts, 2020 - 2027" at: https://www.grandviewresearch.com/industry-analysis/electronic-weighing-machines-market
In order to gain market share, companies are introducing new products in order to meet the growing demand. In April 2019, Truweigh LLC launched a water resistance digital pocket scale. The product also comes with an IP65 rating, making it dust-proof. The pocket weighing scale comes with a white backlit LCD and black titanium chrome platform. Home-based business owners are the major consumers of portable weighing machines owing to the space-saving option, ease of portability, and high accuracy. Similarly, in 2018, Kern & Sohn GmbH launched a premium analytical balance with single-cell generation for rapid and stable weighing results. The device also comprises a bright OLED display with a large viewing angle and USB interfaces for the transfer of weighing data to external devices.
In terms of type, the retail scale segment held the largest share of 33.1% in 2019. The growing retail sector and rising number of small retail shops are acting as major factors for the segment growth. According to Census Bureau data, 2018 saw a net increase in retail stores in the United States. There were almost 3,100 more stores during the 4th quarter of 2018 compared to the 4th quarter of 2017. Similarly, stores with fewer than five employees witnessed an increase of 4,569 stores as of the 1st quarter of 2018 compared with the 1st quarter of 2017.
The offline distribution channel segment dominated the electronic weighing scale market with a revenue-based share of 94.5% in 2019. Majority of the offline sales are driven by the commercial segment. Shop owners and small retailers prefer purchasing from the salesperson of the company. Moreover, ease in the understanding of after-sales support pertaining to issues related to products with the executive is propelling the customers to purchase from brick and mortar retail stores, including distributors, specialty stores, hypermarkets, and supermarkets.
Asia Pacific dominated the market with a revenue-based share of 35.7% in 2019. The high adoption rate of the product, coupled with the presence of regional companies, is acting as a major factor for the regional market growth. Moreover, the strong presence of small retail stores, growing pharmaceutical industry, and increasing awareness regarding health maintenance are driving demand in the region.
Grand View Research has segmented the global electronic weighing machines market by type, distribution channel, and region:
- Electronic Weighing Machines Type Outlook (Revenue, USD Million, 2016 - 2027)
- Laboratory Scale
- Gem and Jewelry Scale
- Retail Scale
- Health Scale
- Kitchen scale
- Electronic Weighing Machines Distribution Channel Outlook (Revenue, USD Million, 2016 - 2027)
- Electronic Weighing Machines Regional Outlook (Revenue, USD Million, 2016 - 2027)
- North America
- The U.S.
- The U.K.
- Asia Pacific
- Central & South America
- The Middle East & Africa
List of Key Players of Electronic Weighing Machines Market
- A&D Company, Ltd.
- Mettler-Toledo International, Inc.
- Doran Scales, Inc.
- Essae-Teraoka Pvt. Ltd.
- Fairbanks Scales Inc.
- Kern & Sohn GmbH
- BONSO Electronics International Inc.
- Shimadzu Corporation
- Sartorius Group
- Avery Weigh-Tronix, LLC
Find more research reports on Electronic & Electrical Industry, by Grand View Research:
- Robotic Vacuum Cleaner Market – Increasing number of working women, growing purchasing power for innovative products, and ease of usage are major factors supporting the robotic vacuum cleaner market growth.
- Wireless Earphone Market – Increasing adoption of wireless earphones among consumers to multitask while listening or watching music and entertainment videos is a key factor driving the wireless earphone market.
- Crawler Camera System Market – Increasing demand for technology to perform video inspections of large municipal and commercial sewer main lines and service lines is likely to escalate the growth of crawler camera system market in coming years.
Gain access to Grand View Compass, our BI enabled intuitive market research database of 10,000+ reports
About Grand View Research
Grand View Research, U.S.-based market research and consulting company, provides syndicated as well as customized research reports and consulting services. Registered in California and headquartered in San Francisco, the company comprises over 425 analysts and consultants, adding more than 1200 market research reports to its vast database each year. These reports offer in-depth analysis on 46 industries across 25 major countries worldwide. With the help of an interactive market intelligence platform, Grand View Research helps Fortune 500 companies and renowned academic institutes understand the global and regional business environment and gauge the opportunities that lie ahead.
Corporate Sales Specialist, USA
Grand View Research, Inc.
Toll Free: 1-888-202-9519
Follow Us: LinkedIn | Twitter
SOURCE Grand View Research, Inc.