SAN FRANCISCO, Dec. 11, 2019 /PRNewswire/ -- The global distributed temperature sensing market size is anticipated to reach USD 849.0 million by 2025, according to a new report by Grand View Research, Inc. It is expected to exhibit a CAGR of 10.7% from 2019 to 2025.
In the Distributed Temperature Sensing (DTS), the optical fiber are used as a sensor. The operators can receive information related to temperature after installing such sensors in the fiber cable. The adoption of these sensors has increased rapidly in recent years due to their cost advantages. The DTS uses standard telecoms fiber, thereby requiring no special sensors, and thus saving cost. The cost of material, system design, installation, and maintenance are very low for these sensors, which in turn is projected to positively influence the market growth.
Key suggestions from the report:
- Optical Time Domain Reflectometry (OTDR) is anticipated to continue holding the largest market share over the forecast period, owing to high usage of OTDR as it offers robust measurements
- The multi-mode fiber is projected to hold a high market share in near future. This type of fiber has better ability to launch more power than single-mode fiber, which is expected to drive the growth
- Benefits such as high spatial density and distributed temperature profile provided by a distributed temperature sensing are driving the growth of market
- Asia Pacific is expected to register significant growth over the forecast period, owing to the rising adoption of cost efficient and reliable temperature measuring solutions
- Key market players areSilixa Ltd, AP Sensing GmbH, NKT Photonics A/S, Bandweaver, Sensornet Limited, OFS Fitel, LLC., Schlumberger Limited, Halliburton, OPTROMIX and Yokogawa Corporation of America
Read 100 page research report with ToC on "Distributed Temperature Sensing Market Size, Share & Trends Analysis Report By Operating Principle (OTDR, OFDR), By Fiber Type (Single-Mode Fiber, Multi-Mode Fiber), By Application, And Segment Forecasts, 2019 - 2025" at: https://www.grandviewresearch.com/industry-analysis/distributed-temperature-sensing-market
DTS offer fully distributed data, which minimized uncertainties and increased the amount of information received. In addition, these sensors offer very high reliability along with immunity to electromagnetic interference and shock/vibration. Also, distributed temperature sensing can be easily used in space-restricted areas. It also offers other advantages, such as high-temperature performance, long measuring ranges and high-temperature resolutions.
Various advantages of DTS contribute to its adoption across various industrial applications. Distributed temperature sensing is used for long length applications, such as in power cables, tunnels and pipelines. The oil and gas segment are expected to hold majority of the market share by 2025. The oil well industries are prominent customers, owing to its small size and easy accessibility of DTS. The safety and security segment is expected to register the fastest CAGR over the forecast period, due to substantial use of DTS in safety-critical applications where all points need to be monitored, is also observed. These critical applications include electrochemical processes, LNG plants and refineries.
Grand View Research has segmented the global distributed temperature sensing market based on operating principle, fiber type, application, and region:
- Distributed Temperature Sensing Operating Principle Outlook (Revenue, USD Million, 2014 - 2025)
- Optical Time Domain Reflectometry (OTDR)
- Optical Frequency Domain Reflectometry (OFDR)
- Distributed Temperature Sensing Fiber Type Outlook (Revenue, USD Million, 2014 - 2025)
- Single-Mode Fiber
- Multi-Mode Fiber
- Distributed Temperature Sensing Application Outlook (Revenue, USD Million, 2014 - 2025)
- Oil and Gas
- Power and Utility
- Safety and Security
- Civil Engineering
- Distributed Temperature Sensing Regional Outlook (Revenue, USD Million, 2014 - 2025)
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- South America
- Middle East & Africa
Find more research reports on Semiconductors Industry, by Grand View Research:
- Thin Film Metrology Systems Market – Increasing demand for integration and miniaturization of semiconductors is the key factor to drive the market over the forecast period.
- Thin Film Photovoltaics (PV) Market – The thin film PV market is expected to witness significant growth over the forecast period owing to rapid advancement in thin film technology.
- Automotive Semiconductors Market – The global automotive semiconductors market is set on a steady growth track following the triple connectivity trends of vehicular automation, connectivity and electrification.
Gain access to Grand View Compass, our BI enabled intuitive market research database of 10,000+ reports
About Grand View Research
Grand View Research, U.S.-based market research and consulting company, provides syndicated as well as customized research reports and consulting services. Registered in California and headquartered in San Francisco, the company comprises of over 425 analysts and consultants, adding more than 1200 market research reports to its vast database each year. These reports offer in-depth analysis on 46 industries across 25 major countries worldwide. With the help of an interactive market intelligence platform, Grand View Research helps Fortune 500 companies and renowned academic institutes understand the global and regional business environment and gauge the opportunities that lie ahead.
Corporate Sales Specialist, USA
Grand View Research, Inc.
Toll Free: 1-888-202-9519
Follow Us: LinkedIn | Twitter
SOURCE Grand View Research, Inc.