SAN FRANCISCO, April 2, 2019 /PRNewswire/ -- The global construction films market size is expected to reach USD 23.53 billion by 2025, according to a new report by Grand View Research, Inc. It is projected to expand at a CAGR of 5.5% over the forecast period. Construction films are thin films or laminates used for applications, such as window glass building systems. They assist in converting the existing windows, roofs, walls to contemporary standards and increase their energy-efficiency. Vapor barrier films and solar films are the most widely used products as they reduce heat transfer. These films work on the principles of radiation and convection respectively to reduce heat flow.
Key suggestions from the report:
- Construction films market is led by vapor barrier films segment, which account for about 32% of the overall industry
- Asia Pacific is expected to register the fastest CAGR during the estimated period, in terms of product demand
- Growing number of green building initiatives and increasing investments by government and private sectors in APAC will drive the regional market in the years to come
- Bonding was the dominant function segment in 2017, in terms of product demand
- The residential end-use segment is anticipated to expand at the fastest CAGR over the forecast period
Read 145 page research report with TOC on "Construction Films Market Size, Share & Trends Analysis Report By Product (Vapor Barrier, Solar Films), By Distribution Channel, By Application, By Function, By Resin Type, By End Use, And Segment Forecasts, 2019 - 2025" at: https://www.grandviewresearch.com/industry-analysis/construction-films-market
They are used in various industrial sectors, such as petrochemicals, refinery, residential, and commercial buildings. Window film and vapor barriers are also being utilized to effectively reduce the environmental impact of buildings in numerous key areas, such as thermal resistance, water, and indoor environment. Advancements in technology used in plastic manufacturing have created a lucrative potential for the market growth over the past few years. The use of nanotechnology in the extrusion process has enabled manufacturers to develop plastic raw materials with enhanced strength and durability. The high-quality films produced using the method have high demand in eco-efficient construction.
In addition, rising usage in green building retrofits due to government initiatives, especially in APAC, aimed at reducing CO2 emissions will boost the demand further. Another factor boosting the prospects of construction films is the increasing trend of using lightweight materials in the construction industry. Glass- and plastics-based materials are increasingly replacing the heavy metal components, hence bolstering their demand in applications, such as roofing, walls, plumbing, and building envelope.
Grand View Research has segmented the global construction films market on the basis of basis of product, resin type, application, function, end use, distribution channel, and region:
- Construction Films Product Outlook (Volume, Kilotons; Revenue, USD Million, 2014 - 2025)
- Vapor Barrier Films
- Gas Barrier Films
- Window Films
- Solar Films
- Other Films
- Construction Films Resin Type Outlook (Volume, Kilotons; Revenue, USD Million, 2014 - 2025)
- Polyolefin Films
- Polyester Films
- Nylon Films
- Ethylene Vinyl Alcohol Films
- Polyvinyl Butyral Films
- Fluropolymer Films
- Polyvinylidene Chloride Films
- Polyimide Films
- Bio-based Polymer Films
- Polyvinyl Chloride Films
- Other Films
- Construction Films Application Outlook (Volume, Kilotons; Revenue, USD Million, 2014 - 2025)
- Walls & Ceilings
- Building & Enveloping
- Construction Films Function Outlook (Volume, Kilotons; Revenue, USD Million, 2014 - 2025)
- Cable Management
- Construction Films End Use Outlook (Volume, Kilotons; Revenue, USD Million, 2014 - 2025)
- Construction Films Distribution Channel Outlook (Volume, Kilotons; Revenue, USD Million, 2014 - 2025)
- Construction Films Regional Outlook (Volume, Kilotons; Revenue, USD Million, 2014 - 2025)
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Central & South America
- Middle East & Africa
Find more research reports on Plastics, Polymers & Resins Industry, by Grand View Research:
- Decorative Paints & Coatings Market – Decorative paints & coatings market is primarily associated with products used in the building & construction industry in order to improve aesthetics.
- Industrial Packaging Market – Industrial packaging market, also referred to as bulk packaging market, is characterized by the use of packaging in numerous industries to protect manufactured products, which demand extended storage.
- Cosmetic Packaging Market – The global cosmetic packaging market is characterized by the presence of numerous stakeholders including raw material suppliers, manufacturers of cosmetic and cosmetic packaging products, and processors. Cosmetic packaging involves primary and secondary packaging.
Gain access to Grand View Compass, our BI enabled intuitive market research database of 10,000+ reports
About Grand View Research
Grand View Research, U.S.-based market research and consulting company, provides syndicated as well as customized research reports and consulting services. Registered in California and headquartered in San Francisco, the company comprises over 425 analysts and consultants, adding more than 1200 market research reports to its vast database each year. These reports offer in-depth analysis on 46 industries across 25 major countries worldwide. With the help of an interactive market intelligence platform, Grand View Research helps Fortune 500 companies and renowned academic institutes understand the global and regional business environment and gauge the opportunities that lie ahead.
Corporate Sales Specialist, USA
Grand View Research, Inc.
Toll Free: 1-888-202-9519
Follow Us: LinkedIn | Twitter
SOURCE Grand View Research, Inc.