SAN FRANCISCO, July 21, 2020 /PRNewswire/ -- The global carbon fiber tapes market size is expected to reach USD 4.9 billion by 2027, expanding at a CAGR of 13.4%, according to a new report by Grand View Research Inc. The rapidly rising demand for advanced materials with superior strength to weight ratio in the transportation sector is expected to bolster the market over the forecast period.
Carbon fiber tapes are emerging as one of the crucial materials in facilitating the automotive industry to curb vehicle emission, execute lightweight construction, and extend the range of e-mobility. However, the usage of the product in automotive applications is still in its nascent stage and is expected to offer excellent potential for the future.
Key suggestions from the report:
The prepreg form segment accounted for USD 1.4 billion revenue in 2019 owing to the superior mechanical properties offered by the product
- The automotive end-use segment is expected to witness a notable CAGR of over 13.5% over the forecast period on account of rapidly rising usage of composite materials in replacing metal components in automotive
- In North America, the market was valued at USD 664.7 million and is projected to witness a CAGR of 13.0% over the forecast period owing to the presence of robust manufacturing base for aerospace and automotive
- Key players in the industry are focusing on expanding the production capacity to cater to the exponentially rising demand for the product across various end-use industries including sports and leisure
- Researchers are also involved in the development of carbon fiber recycling process to preserve the length of the fiber after the process, which, in turn, is expected to support the industry players to explore the true potential of the material.
Read 143 page research report with ToC on "Carbon Fiber Tapes Market Size, Share & Trend Analysis Report By Form (Dry Tapes, Prepreg Tapes), By End Use (Aerospace & Defense, Automotive), By Region, And Segment Forecasts, 2020 - 2027" at: https://www.grandviewresearch.com/industry-analysis/carbon-fiber-tape-market
Advancements in automated tape laying process are leading to facilitating the manufacturing of composites that are at par with steel in terms of structural integrity at a fracture load. Employment of software-controlled machine systems enables tapes laying for the creation of layup containing intricate shapes, thereby posing positive growth opportunities for the market.
Key end-users in the value chain are involved in process improvement research for the production of composite parts through tapes, especially for the automotive and aerospace sector. The aforementioned efforts are expected to enhance the processing speed, reduce the part cost, thereby boosting the adoption rate of the product in various end-use industries.
Grand View Research has segmented the global carbon fiber tapes market on the basis of form, end-use, and region:
- Carbon Fiber Tapes Form Outlook (Volume, Thousand Sq.M; Revenue, USD Million, 2016 - 2027)
- Carbon Fiber Tapes End-use Outlook (Volume, Thousand Sq.M; Revenue, USD Million, 2016 - 2027)
- Aerospace & Defense
- Sports & Leisure
- Other Applications
- Carbon Fiber Tapes Regional Outlook (Volume, Thousand Sq.M; Revenue, USD Million, 2016 - 2027)
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- South Korea
- Central & South America (CSA)
- Middle East & Africa
- List of Key Players of Carbon Fiber Tapes Market
- Evonik Industries
- Hexcel Corporation
- Royal Tencate
- SGL Group
- Teijin Limited
- BASF SE
- Celanese Corporation
- PRF Composite Materials
- TCR Composites
Find more research reports on Specialty Glass, Ceramic & Fiber Industry, by Grand View Research:
- Corn Fiber Market– Increasing utilization of corn fibers in pharmaceutical products is likely to drive the demand in the coming period. The high nutritional content and medicinal benefits of these fibers are anticipated to boost their demand further.
- Marine Composites Market– Growing demand for corrosion resistant, high strength, and lightweight parts in the shipbuilding industry is anticipated to drive the growth. Increasing demand for fuel-efficient and high-speed boats is expected to further fuel the market.
- Printed Textile Market– The changing consumer preferences pertaining to the adoption of printed textiles in the Asia Pacific and the Middle East is anticipated to have a positive impact on market growth.
Gain access to Grand View Compass, our BI enabled intuitive market research database of 10,000+ reports
About Grand View Research
Grand View Research, U.S.-based market research and consulting company, provides syndicated as well as customized research reports and consulting services. Registered in California and headquartered in San Francisco, the company comprises over 425 analysts and consultants, adding more than 1200 market research reports to its vast database each year. These reports offer in-depth analysis on 46 industries across 25 major countries worldwide. With the help of an interactive market intelligence platform, Grand View Research helps Fortune 500 companies and renowned academic institutes understand the global and regional business environment and gauge the opportunities that lie ahead.
Corporate Sales Specialist, USA
Grand View Research, Inc.
Toll Free: 1-888-202-9519
Follow Us: LinkedIn | Twitter
SOURCE Grand View Research, Inc.