SAN FRANCISCO, Dec. 16, 2019 /PRNewswire/ -- The global automatic number plate recognition system market size is expected to reach USD 3.0 billion by 2025, registering a CAGR of 6.8% during the forecast period, according to a new report by Grand View Research Inc. Advancements in traffic monitoring technologies have given rise to a mass surveillance technology that helps in capturing images of vehicles and identifying the license number. In addition, it can also facilitate in the detection of lost or stolen vehicles.
Key suggestions from the report:
- The portable ANPR systems segment is projected to emerge as the fastest-growing segment over the forecast period owing to the emergence of Microelectromechanical Systems (MEMS) technology that has led to the miniaturization of devices
- The software segment is anticipated to emerge as the fastest-growing segment as result of the advancements in cloud computing technology and increasing demand for mobile-based applications
- The toll collection application segment is expected to grow significantly over the forecast period as result of the growing demand for Electronic Toll Collection (ETC) from road transport agencies
- The Asia Pacific regional automatic number plate recognition (ANPR) system market is expected to witness highest CAGR over the forecast due to the growing emphasis of regional governments on expansion and digitalization of its road networks
- The key players in the market includes Robert Bosch GmbH; Siemens, ARH, Inc.; Axis Communications AB; Kapsch Group; Genetec Inc.; NDI Recognition Systems Ltd.; VAXTOR TECHNOLOGIES; Tattile srl, and Selex ES Inc.
Read 149 page research report with ToC on "Automatic Number Plate Recognition System Market Size, Share & Trends Analysis Report By Type, By Component, By Application, By End Use (Commercial, Government), By Region, And Segment Forecasts, 2019 - 2025'' at: https://www.grandviewresearch.com/industry-analysis/automatic-number-plate-recognition-systems-market
Governments around the globe are emphasizing on the development of smart cities. Under the umbrella of smart cities, the development of intelligent transportation systems is a major trend. Various governments are entering in partnerships with companies such as Honeywell International, Inc.; AT&T; Siemens; and IBM Corporation for the development of traffic management programs that bodes well for the market growth.Governments are focusing on the development of self-operated fuel stations and electric vehicle charging stations, especially in Europe. During day-time, petrol stations in many European countries such as U.K., Germany, and France are operated in self-service modes.
Overcrowded roads in the cities have put immense pressure on the civic bodies to develop technologically advanced solutions to deal with the road safety issues. This is a major factor instrumental for the implementation of automatic number plate recognition (ANPR) system for the monitoring of traffic violation and crime incidents. In recent years, there has been a rise in the number of automobile crimes such as vehicular homicide, carjacking, hit and run, and reckless driving that has forced the law enforcement agencies to adopt ANPR system for the recognition of vehicles. Moreover, excessive speed has been identified as a long-standing and significant contributing factor to accidents on roads worldwide. The use of speed cameras have certain limitations as they cannot accurately identify speeding vehicles. Hence, the need for advanced ANPR systems with analytical solutions are expected to drive the market over the forecast period.
Grand View Research has segmented the global ANPR system market based on type, component, application, end use, and region:
- Automatic Number Plate Recognition System Type Outlook (Revenue, USD Million, 2014 - 2025)
- Fixed ANPR Systems
- Portable ANPR Systems
- Automatic Number Plate Recognition System Component Outlook (Revenue, USD Million, 2014 - 2025)
- ANPR Computer/Processor
- Frame Grabber
- Relay Cards
- Installation & Deployment
- Training & Consulting
- Testing Service
- Automatic Number Plate Recognition System Application Outlook (Revenue, USD Million, 2014 - 2025)
- Security & Surveillance
- Toll Management
- Parking Management
- Traffic Management
- Automatic Number Plate Recognition System End-use Outlook (Revenue, USD Million, 2014 - 2025)
- Automatic Number Plate Recognition System Region Outlook (Revenue, USD Million, 2014 - 2025)
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Latin America
Find more research reports on Automotive and Transportation Industry, by Grand View Research:
- Automotive Camshaft Market – The ongoing innovations that are taking place in the technology are being done to lower the weight of the camshafts. The strict emission norms that are laid down by the foreign bodies are imposing the producers to lay more emphasis on fuel and engine efficiency.
- Automotive Finance Market – Global automotive finance market is poised to witness a significant growth owing to factors such as decreasing unemployment rate and higher per capita income levels.
- Center And Drag Link Market – A precursor to smooth vehicle metabolism and workings is by way of center link essential to the turning and driving of vehicles in desired direction. Jarring vehicle bumps and wobbling drives are obviated by the center and drag link assemblies.
Gain access to Grand View Compass, our BI enabled intuitive market research database of 10,000+ reports
About Grand View Research
Grand View Research, U.S.-based market research and consulting company, provides syndicated as well as customized research reports and consulting services. Registered in California and headquartered in San Francisco, the company comprises over 425 analysts and consultants, adding more than 1200 market research reports to its vast database each year. These reports offer in-depth analysis on 46 industries across 25 major countries worldwide. With the help of an interactive market intelligence platform, Grand View Research helps Fortune 500 companies and renowned academic institutes understand the global and regional business environment and gauge the opportunities that lie ahead.
Corporate Sales Specialist, USA
Grand View Research, Inc.
Toll Free: 1-888-202-9519
Follow Us: LinkedIn | Twitter
SOURCE Grand View Research, Inc.