SAN FRANCISCO, Jan. 14, 2020 /PRNewswire/ -- The global air cushion packaging market size is projected to be valued at USD 4.4 billion by 2025, according to a new report by Grand View Research, Inc., registering a CAGR of 7.0% over the forecast period. This growth in demand can be attributed to rising importance of high degree of protection of goods from harsh transit conditions and surfaces, along with offering flexibility in various other applications.
Key suggestions from the report:
- The global air cushion packaging market is anticipated to reach USD 4.4 billion by 2025, on account of increasing demand for protective packing solutions from vendors trying to minimize transit damage losses
- Void filling functionality is expected to be the fastest growing segment, which can be attributed to growing use of dual packaging solutions used by vendors to minimize cost of product delivery and lower the chances of returns from customers
- The beauty and personal care end-user segment held the dominant share in 2018 and will amount to USD 965.3 million in 2025. An increasing number of consumers have been purchasing personal care products online, which spurs the demand for effective packing solutions
- Asia Pacific emerged as the largest regional market. This growth can be attributed to increasing awareness among consumers toward environmental sustainability and adopting mechanisms and materials that cause minimal damage to the environment
- The vendor landscape is fragmented with the presence of numerous participants. Key players operating in the market include Pregis; Sealed Air Corp; 3G Packaging Inc.; Abriso NV; Atlantic Packaging; and Shandong Xinniu.
Read 85 page research report with ToC on "Air Cushion Packaging Market Size, Share & Trends Analysis Report By Functionality (Void Filling, Blocking & Bracing, Wrapping, Corner Protection), By End User, By Region, And Segment Forecasts, 2019 - 2025'' at: https://www.grandviewresearch.com/industry-analysis/air-cushion-packaging-market
Air cushions are dual-material custom packaging solutions usually made up of polyethylene and filled with air. Consumer shift from using bubble wraps to air cushions for packing has been observed in recent years, majorly due to their sustainability and ease of use. Air pillows also take up less of space in warehouses, thus reducing storage cost and improving optimal usage of space.
Based on functionality, void filling is the dominant segment and is expected to witness strong growth over the forecast period. Air cushions are the optimal solution for closing up gaps between secondary and tertiary packaging. In addition, they offer flexibility to control the air pressure inside the packing depending on its application.
In terms of end-user application, the consumer electronics and appliances segment is anticipated to register a CAGR of 8.0% during the forecast period. Soaring online sales of consumer electronics through various e-commerce websites is the primary factor driving this segment. Electronics require high levels of protective packaging due to their fragility.
Grand View Research has segmented the global air cushion packaging market based on functionality, end user, and region:
- Air Cushion Packaging Functionality Outlook (Revenue, USD Million, 2014 - 2025)
- Void Filling
- Block & Bracing
- Corner Protection
- Air Cushion Packaging End-user Outlook (Revenue, USD Million, 2014 - 2025)
- Consumer Electronics & Appliances
- Home Décor & Furnishings
- Beauty & Personal Care
- Food & Beverages
- Pharmaceutical & Medical Devices
- Air Cushion Packaging Regional Outlook (Revenue, USD Million, 2014 - 2025)
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Central & South America
- Middle East and Africa
Find more research reports on Plastics, Polymers & Resins Industry, by Grand View Research:
- Plastic Packaging Market – The global plastic packaging market size was estimated at close to USD 198.0 billion in 2017. Growing product penetration in various applications is expected to act as a key driver for market growth over the forecast period.
- Tube Packaging Market – The global tube packaging market size was valued at USD 31.9 billion in 2018 and is expected to expand at a CAGR of 6.5% from 2019 to 2025.
- Pharmaceutical Packaging Market – The global pharmaceutical packaging market size was estimated at USD 90.97 billion in 2018, and is projected to expand at a CAGR of 8.3% over the forecast period.
Gain access to Grand View Compass, our BI enabled intuitive market research database of 10,000+ reports
About Grand View Research
Grand View Research, U.S.-based market research and consulting company, provides syndicated as well as customized research reports and consulting services. Registered in California and headquartered in San Francisco, the company comprises over 425 analysts and consultants, adding more than 1200 market research reports to its vast database each year. These reports offer in-depth analysis on 46 industries across 25 major countries worldwide. With the help of an interactive market intelligence platform, Grand View Research helps Fortune 500 companies and renowned academic institutes understand the global and regional business environment and gauge the opportunities that lie ahead.
Corporate Sales Specialist, USA
Grand View Research, Inc.
Toll Free: 1-888-202-9519
Follow Us: LinkedIn | Twitter
SOURCE Grand View Research, Inc.