NEW YORK, February 13, 2012 /PRNewswire/ --
Global online retailer Very.com announces they will be sponsoring the showcase of the Whitney Eve collection at the Lincoln Centre on 15th February.
Designed by MTV reality star Whitney Port, the Whitney Eve label was launched to great acclaim in 2009, and the return to New York in time for fashion week has been highly anticipated, setting the blogosphere alight and creating an online media frenzy.
Having previously shown at Miami Fashion Week, the collection will be showcased at Manhattan's prestigious Lincoln Centre on 15th February, alongside established designers including Marc Jacobs and Calvin Klein.
Although seats at the show will be strictly limited, Whitney Eve sponsor, Very.com, will be showing the event on their Very.com YouTube channel on the 15th February.
British online retailer Very launched globally in November 2011 with an event held at New York's exclusive Soho House. Very, which stocks the Whitney Eve brand on its international websites is said to be thrilled with the relationship with the Whitney Eve label; a spokesperson for the brand said, 'We are delighted to be working with Whitney Port, and sponsoring her Whitney Eve collection at the prestigious New York Fashion Show on Wednesday 15th February 2012.'
Whitney Port, creator and designer of the Whitney Eve collection, rose to fame in 2006 when she made regular appearances on the MTV reality show The Hills, before being given her own show, The City. At 26, the designer and author has a formidable list of fashion credentials and an impressive number of strings to her bow, with her appearances in The Hills and leading role in The City charting her rising career through internships and editorial positions at Teen Vogue, to working with Diane Von Furstenberg and fashion PR giants People's Republic.
Debuted in 2008, Port's previous Whitney Eve collections embody ease and effortless chic, taking inspiration from the laidback aesthetic of her native Los Angeles, and the more urban tastes New York in a style Port has dubbed 'feminine, chic street wear'.
Visit Very.com's YouTube channel to watch the show, and see Whitney Eve's new collection next to fashion's high and mighty. Or for a chance to win tickets to the show and gift bags, enter Very.com's online competition at http://www.facebook.com/veryinternational
Notes to Editors:
- Shop Direct Group is the UK's largest online and home shopping retailer with sales of circa £1.7 billion
- The Group has 5 million active customers across the business
- Shop Direct employs around 9,000 people
- Brands include Littlewoods, Littlewoods Europe, VERY.co.uk, Woolworths.co.uk, Littlewoods Ireland,
- K&Co, ISME.com
- We are the 2nd largest online clothing retailer in the UK
- We are the 4th largest furniture retailer in the UK
- We are the 4th largest sportswear retailer in the UK
- Shop online at littlewoodseurope.com, littlewoods.com, very.co.uk, woolworths.co.uk
- Shop Direct Group Financial Services offers customers a wide range of credit, insurance and warranty products to customers in the UK.
Consumer PR Manager - Shop Direct Group