DUBLIN, August 17, 2016 /PRNewswire/ --
Research and Markets has announced the addition of the "8th Annual Personalized & Precision Medicine Conference " conference to their offering.
One of the longest running conferences in the personalized/precision medicine space, this 8th Annual Personalized & Precision Medicine Conference is once again returning to the San Francisco Bay Area, on October 12th-13th.
With the renewed focus on precision medicine stemming from President Obama's 2015 initiative and multiple advances in the field on a variety of fronts, this year's conference promises to expand your thinking and put you front and center to hear from key players and stakeholders in the field.
Eight years ago the Personalized & Precision Medicine Conference focused almost exclusively on the one-on-one relationship between the pharmaceutical and diagnostic industries. Since then the field has evolved to encompass not just these bilateral relationships, but multi-stakeholder, precompetitive consortia between the industries that demonstrate their continued commitment to precision medicine and the novel ways in which they are approaching the space.
This year's conference will continue to examine the components that are integral to driving precision medicine into the future, including:
- Optimizing Coding and Reimbursement
- Laboratory Developed Test (LDT) Regulation
- Data Privacy
- Innovative Partnerships Furthering Precision Medicine
- Crowd Sourcing Therapies
- Truly Individualizing Therapy
- Ethical/social/legal issues
- Transforming data into actionable guidance in the clinic
- Weighing clinical utility
- Personalized medicine at the bedside
- Payor evaluation of next gen sequencing
- Aligning labs, clinicians and payers
- Development of genomic medicine programs
- PRESENTATIONS from Physicians, Researchers, Reimbursement Experts, Payers and Leaders from the Molecular Diagnostics, Biopharmaceutical and Genome Interpretation Industries
- PANEL DISCUSSIONS covering a variety of topics of interest to stakeholders in personalized medicine
- Numerous NETWORKING OPPORTUNITIES aided by a pre-conference online networking suite
Attendees will have the opportunity to meet other attendees through the following networking services:
- The CONFERENCE NETWORKING SITE is online weeks prior to the event. Attendees can schedule one-on-one meetings prior to the conference and print out a schedule of meeting times during the conference.
- EXTENDED NETWORKING BREAKS. These will give attendees the chance to meet those with whom they many not have set up meetings.
- EVENING RECEPTION. This will give attendees the chance to mingle with other professionals after a day full of speakers, meetings, and thought-provoking topics.
- SPEAKER Q&A SESSIONS. This will afford attendees the opportunity to ask additional questions of our speakers.
Practicing Precision Medicine. Speakers and panelists will illustrate how physicians are incorporating genetic data into the treatment of various diseases and will discuss what the challenges are in bringing more genetically-guided therapy into the clinic.
Companion Diagnostics. Speakers and panelists will provide case studies exploring how diagnostics companies/developers of biomarkers and labs are working with drug developers to bring to market new companion diagnostics and targeted therapies to ensure greater efficacy and thus better patient outcomes.
Genomic Data: Infrastructure, Interpretation & Outcomes. Next generation, exome, and whole genome sequencing are accelerating the creation of even more data whose use is critical to the growth of personalized medicine. Speakers and panelists will explore clinical, ethical, technological and business strategy issues related to data collection, sharing and use in the context of the growth needs for personalized medicine.
Emerging Reimbursement Policies. Speakers and panelists will discuss the challenges that still exist in terms of reimbursement of molecular diagnostics and lab-developed tests which help guide personalized healthcare. Insurers and reimbursement experts will present their viewpoints and analysis of emerging policies regarding personalized medicine.
For more information about this conference visit http://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/r7q6v4/8th_annual
Related Topics: Genomics
Other Packages Available
Laura Wood, Senior Manager
For E.S.T Office Hours Call 1-917-300-0470
For U.S./CAN Toll Free Call 1-800-526-8630
For GMT Office Hours Call +353-1-416-8900
U.S. Fax: 646-607-1907
Fax (outside U.S.): +353-1-481-1716
SOURCE Research and Markets