DUBLIN, Feb. 18, 2016 /PRNewswire/ --
Research and Markets (http://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/bll56x/world_synthetic) has announced the addition of the "World Synthetic Biology Market - Opportunities and Forecast, 2014 - 2020" report to their offering.
The world synthetic biology market is poised to grow at a CAGR of 23% between 2015 to 2020 owing to its growing applications in drug & vaccine development, biofuel production and high demand for bio-based polymers & biochemical.
Emerging applications across novel fields of research, such as agriculture and bioremediation are expected to further drive the market growth. Synthetic biology has gained popularity in hazardous waste cleanup initiatives through engineered microbes, which can degrade recalcitrant chemicals such as dioxins, pesticides or even radioactive compounds. Engineered crops, through synthetic biology, would bridge the gap between supply and demand globally. However, factors such as biosafety and biosecurity issues may hinder the market growth.
Pharmaceutical and diagnostic application segment would continue to dominate throughout the forecast period. This is attributed to the rising adoption of technologies including, bioinformatics in drug discovery and development and widespread use in diagnostic kits and toxicity screening. Moreover, favorable regulations and high R&D investment by companies intend to further supplement the growth of the pharmaceuticals and diagnostics application market.
Key findings of the study:
- Synthetic cells segment is projected to grow at a highest CAGR of 25.5% during the forecast period.
- Synthetic oligos would continue to remain as the leading revenue generating segment, garnering around one fourth of the market share by 2020.
- Microfluidics technology is projected to be the fastest growing segment, registering a CAGR of 32.5%.
- Biofuels application segment is expected to register a highest CAGR of 24.2%.
- Asia-Pacific bagged about 22% market share in 2015.
- Europe is estimated to be the highest revenue generator in the world synthetic biology market in 2015. North America and Europe, collectively, accounted for around two-thirds of the overall market in 2015, and this trend is expected to continue during the forecast period.
Key Topics Covered:
CHAPTER 1 - Introduction
CHAPTER 2 - Executive Summary
CHAPTER 3 - Market Overview
CHAPTER 4 - Overview of Nucleotide Synthesis
CHAPTER 5 - Market by Product
CHAPTER 6 - Market by Technology
CHAPTER 7 - Market by Application
CHAPTER 8 - Market by Geography
CHAPTER 9 - Company Profiles
- Blue heron (OriGene technologies Inc.)
- Codexis Inc.
- Editas Medicine
- Eurofins Scientific
- GEN9 Inc.
- GenScript Corporation
- GeneWorks Pty Ltd.
- Integrated DNA Technologies
- OriGene Technologies.
- Pareto Biotechnologies
- Synthetic Genomics
- TeselaGen Biotechnology
- Thermo fisher Scientific
- Twist Bioscience
For more information visit http://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/bll56x/world_synthetic
Research and Markets
Laura Wood, Senior Manager
For E.S.T Office Hours Call +1-917-300-0470
For U.S./CAN Toll Free Call +1-800-526-8630
For GMT Office Hours Call +353-1-416-8900
U.S. Fax: 646-607-1907
Fax (outside U.S.): +353-1-481-1716
SOURCE Research and Markets