- Numerous end-use industries are utilizing the unique electrical, thermal, and mechanical characteristics of single-walled carbon nanotubes particularly for electronics and electro-optical applications
- Relentless efforts of researchers to engineer these one-dimensional nanomaterials are key to expanding applications areas in the single-walled carbon nanotubes market. Adoption of better synthesis methods catalyzes growth
ALBANY, New York, March 4, 2020 /PRNewswire/ -- Array of remarkable mechanical, electrical, and optical properties of single-walled carbon nanotubes (SWCNT) attract a groundswell of interest of end-use industries in these nanotubes. Electronics and semiconductor industries are increasingly harnessing the nanotubes for range of electro-optical applications in numerous end-use industries. A study by Transparency Market Research projects the global single-walled carbon nanotubes market to expand at a whopping CAGR of ~52% during 2019 – 2027. Its valuation was pegged at US$ 130 million in 2018.
Sizable revenue streams are likely to hinge on companies utilizing these properties in biomedical and automotive applications. A large growth dynamic comes from the use of these carbon nanotubes in EMI-shielding material.
"A major proportion of demands in the single-walled carbon nanotubes market are in electronics, semiconductors, energy, and biomedical industries," observe the analysts. "It is imperative that leading companies should aim for cost-effective, bulk manufacturing of nanotubes to commercialize their products faster, and retain competitive edge over their peers," opine the authors.
Download PDF Brochure - https://www.transparencymarketresearch.com/sample/sample.php?flag=B&rep_id=73935
Key Findings of Single-walled Carbon Nanotube Market Study
- Among the various production technologies, chemical vapor deposition (CVD) is by far the most popular. The method has been extensively used in producing high-performance composites using SWCNT. The segment is expected to retain its dominant share throughout the assessment period.
- On the other hand, the high pressure carbon monoxide method (HiPCo) segment is expected to rise at most attractive growth rate through 2027.
- Of all the regions, Asia Pacific held nearly half of share of the global market in 2018. Consistently high demand for SWCNTs in the region has been key to its prominence.
- Europe accounted for ~40% of the share in the global market by volume in 2018.
Explore 225 pages of top-notch research, incisive insights, and detailed country-level projections. Gain business intelligence on Single-walled Carbon Nanotube Market (Technology: Chemical Vapor Deposition (CVD), Electric Arc, High Pressure Carbon Monoxide (HiPCo), and Others; and End User: Electronics & Semiconductors, Energy, Biomedical, Aerospace & Defense, Automotive, Chemicals, and Others) - Global Industry Analysis, Size, Share, Growth, Trends, and Forecast, 2019 – 2027 at https://www.transparencymarketresearch.com/single-walled-carbon-nanotube-market.html
Single-walled Carbon Nanotube Market: Key Driving Factors
- Numerous physical and chemical properties have made single-walled carbon nanotubes popular in the composites industry. Of note, their growing application in EMI-shielding composites for electronic devices is fueling demand.
- In recent years, rapidly growing popularity of the use of SWCNT in electrically conducting polymer composites has boosted the market.
- Fabricators consider single-walled carbon nanotube as a good candidate for EMI-shield materials in medical and aerospace and defense sectors. This is expanding the application potential in the market.
- Another key trend to play crucial role in the market growth is the preference of single-walled carbon nanotubes in battery storage applications over several other nanomaterials.
- Technological strides being made in energy storage industry, notably in China and India, drive demand for single-walled carbon nanotubes in emerging market of Asia Pacific.
- Growing demand for SWCNTs as paints and adhesives
in the automotive industry has strengthened opportunities for manufacturers to tap into.
View Detailed Table of Contents at https://www.transparencymarketresearch.com/report-toc/73935
Key Impediments for Single-walled Carbon Nanotube Market Players
In numerous polymer matrices single-walled carbon nanotubes show uniform dispersion. This forms a veritable challenge for fabricators, who find it difficult to retain the structural integrity of these nanotubes. Further, composite manufactures in the end-use industries struggle to achieve proper single-walled carbon nanotube-matrix interfacial bonding. All these impediments have lowered the penetration of the market to the key regions. On the other hand, unceasing research and development activities are helping fabricators circumvent several of these problems.
Single-walled Carbon Nanotube Market: Region-wise Analysis
Rising application of advanced carbon-based nano-composite materials has spurred the popularity of single-walled carbon nanotubes in Asia Pacific. The demand for these nanomaterials has also proliferated on the back of the constantly advancing science behind composites. Revenues in the regional market are further fueled by the growing prospects of SWCNT in Japan, China, India, Malaysia, and Taiwan, notably in electrical and electronics, automotive, and energy applications.
Analyze single-walled carbon nanotube market growth in 30+ countries including US, Canada, Germany, United Kingdom, ASEAN, India, China, and Japan. Request a sample of the study.
The global single-walled carbon nanotubes market is largely consolidated, with only one player accounting for more than 90% of the share. The top players is a Russian nanotechnology OCSiAl. The company has been actively consolidating shares with the help of mergers, acquisitions, collaborations, and innovative product launches. Most other players are struggling to get a stronghold in the single-walled carbon nanotubes market. One of the key challenged in producing cost-effective carbon nanotubes. New entrants might consider this a key imperative to gain a foothold.
Prominent names in the market include Meijo Nano Carbon Co., Ltd., Thomas Swan & Company Ltd., Zeon Nano Technology Co., Ltd., and OCSiAl.
The single-walled carbon nanotubes market is segmented on the basis of:
- Chemical Vapor Deposition (CVD)
- Electric Arc
- HiPCo (High Pressure Carbon Monoxide)
- Others (Laser Ablation, Flame Synthesis, etc.)
- Electronics & Semiconductors
- Aerospace & Defense
- Others (Sports & Leisure Goods, etc.)
- North America
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- South Korea
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- Rest of Latin America
- Middle East & Africa
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
Explore Transparency Market Research's award-winning coverage of the global Chemical and Materials industry,
Carbon Black Market - The global carbon black market is anticipated to expand at a CAGR more than 4% from 2018 to 2026 and reach value of US$ 23.9 Bn by 2026. In 2016, the reinforced grade segment held a major market share of more than 65%, in terms of both volume and value.
Carbon Nanotubes Market - The global carbon nanotubes market was valued at US$ 1.6 bn in the end of 2016, and is expected to swell to US$ 6.9 bn by the end of 2023. With several growth factors, the market is predicted to grow at 22.1% CAGR between 2015 and 2023.
Specialty Enzymes Market - The global specialty enzymes market is expected to be worth US$3,726.4 mn by the end of 2025 from US$1,782.0 mn in 2016. The report projects that the global market is likely to rise at a CAGR of 8.7% between 2017 and 2025.
Hindered Amine Light Stabilizers Market - The hindered amine light stabilizers market is estimated to grow at a moderate CAGR of ~5% during the forecast period. This growth is largely driven by the increasing adoption of industrial and architectural coatings wherein hindered amine light stabilizers are used.
Magneto Rheological Fluid Market - The global magneto rheological fluid market is projected to expand at an impressive CAGR of ~21% during the forecast period. Surge in demand for 'smart materials', increase in awareness pertaining to the benefits of magneto-rheological fluids, and rise in investments in research and development activities are some of the major factors that are likely to propel the growth of the magneto rheological fluid market.
Gain access to Market Ngage, an AI-powered, real-time business intelligence that goes beyond the archaic research solutions to solve the complex strategy challenges that organizations face today. With over 15,000+ global and country-wise reports across 50,000+ application areas, Market Ngage is your tool for research on-the-go. From tracking new investment avenues to keeping a track of your competitor's moves, Market Ngage provides you with all the essential information to up your strategic game. Power your business with Market Ngage's actionable insights and remove the guesswork in making colossal decisions.
About Transparency Market Research
Transparency Market Research is a global market intelligence company, providing global business information reports and services. Our exclusive blend of quantitative forecasting and trends analysis provides forward-looking insight for thousands of decision makers. Our experienced team of analysts, researchers, and consultants use proprietary data sources and various tools and techniques to gather and analyze information.
Our data repository is continuously updated and revised by a team of research experts, so that it always reflects the latest trends and information. With a broad research and analysis capability, Transparency Market Research employs rigorous primary and secondary research techniques in developing distinctive data sets and research material for business reports.
Transparency Market Research
90 State Street,
Albany NY - 12207
USA - Canada Toll Free: 866-552-3453
SOURCE Transparency Market Research