SAN FRANCISCO, Oct. 10, 2022 /PRNewswire/ -- The global personal protective equipment market size is anticipated to reach USD 131.2 billion by 2030, registering a CAGR of 6.7% over the forecast period, according to a new report by Grand View Research, Inc. The global personal protective equipment market is significantly driven by increasing spending on worker safety and protective products coupled with rising awareness about the stringent safety rules and regulations.
Key Industry Insights & Findings from the report:
- The chemical defending protective clothing was the leading protective clothing segment in 2021 on account of the widespread use in chemical and petrochemical industries and stringent rules and regulations.
- The head protection equipment is expected to witness a CAGR of 7.6% on account of increasing demand in industries such as construction, manufacturing, oil & gas, mining, etc. to protect from head injuries.
- Europe held a significant PPE market share in 2021, accounting for 30.6% of global revenue owing to an increasing rate of occupational injuries coupled with growth requirement for highly effective wear & tear resistance in the oil & gas and automotive industries.
- Asia Pacific is expected to witness strong growth over the forecast period owing to increased health consciousness and product awareness facilitated by the COVID-19 outbreak and expansion of the market players in the region.
- Key players are focusing on product development to expand the portfolio and drive revenue generation. For instance, in September 2021, Radians Inc. launched a safety helmet called Titanium, expanding its existing head protection line.
Read 152-page full market research report, "Personal Protective Equipment Market Size, Share & Trends Analysis Report By Product (Hand Protection, Eye Protection, Face Protection, Hearing Protection), By End-use, By Region, And Segment Forecasts, 2022 - 2030", published by Grand View Research.
Personal Protective Equipment Market Growth & Trends
The COVID-19 outbreak had a positive impact on the growth of the personal protective equipment market. The market was is significantly attributed to the high demand for protective equipment to protect against COVID-19 infection in 2020. Over the forecast period, market growth is expected to witness steady growth attributed to the increasing use in various industries.
The increasing awareness among industry participants regarding the importance of worker safety and security at workplaces on account of the stringent regulations and high costs associated with workplace hazards is anticipated to drive market growth. Particularly, rising awareness and new rules and regulations in Asia Pacific are likely to fuel the market growth over the forecast period.
The increasing rate of fatalities at the workplace has imposed workers to use personal protective equipment to ensure the safety of the individuals. Furthermore, the increasing number of the blue-collar workforce across numerous R&D establishments and production factories is expected to fuel PPE demand over the forecast period.
Government regulations compel the use of protective equipment for workers in end-use industries such as oil and gas, mining, and construction. Work safety regulations play a major role in driving the personal protective equipment market. Mandated policies by agencies for companies to maintain worker safety in industries are anticipated to drive demand for personal protective equipment.
Companies such as DuPont and 3M are undertaking expansion strategies to strengthen their product portfolio and market share. In May 2022, 3M announced expanding production for personal protective equipment such as respiratory and hearing protection products. This expansion will allow 3M to increase investment to meet the unmatched demand for PPE.
Personal Protective Equipment Market Segmentation
Grand View Research has segmented the global personal protective equipment market based on product, end-use, and region:
Personal Protective Equipment Market - Product Outlook (Revenue, USD Million, 2017 - 2030)
- Head Protection
- Eye Protection
- Face Protection
- Hearing Protection
- Protective Clothing
- Heat & flame protection
- Chemical defending
- Clean room clothing
- Mechanical protective clothing
- Limited general use
- Respiratory Protection
- Air-purifying respirator
- Supplied air respirators
- Protective Footwear
- Fall Protection
- Soft Goods
- Hard Goods
- Hand Protection
Personal Protective Equipment Market - End-use Outlook (Revenue, USD Million, 2017 - 2030)
- Oil & Gas
Personal Protective Equipment Market - Regional Outlook (Revenue, USD Million, 2017 - 2030)
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- South Korea
- Central & South America
- Middle East & Africa
- Saudi Arabia
- South Africa
List of Key Players in Personal Protective Equipment Market
- Honeywell International Inc.
- Lakeland Industries Inc.
- Ansell Ltd.
- Avon Rubber plc
- COFRA S.r.l.
- Alpha Pro Tech Limited
- Mine Safety Appliances (MSA) Company
- Lindstrom Group
- Mallcom (India) Ltd.
- Radians, Inc.
- Polison Corp.
- Delta Plus Group
Check out more related studies published by Grand View Research:
- Military Personal Protective Equipment Market - The global military personal protective equipment market size is anticipated to reach USD 23.55 billion by 2028, registering a CAGR of 7.8% over the forecast period, according to a new report by Grand View Research, Inc. Focus of military agencies on increasing the safety & security of their soldiers and rapid technological advancement is expected to drive the demand for military PPE.
- Respiratory Protective Equipment Market - The global respiratory protective equipment market size is expected to reach USD 24.69 billion by 2030, registering a CAGR of 6.6% over the forecast period, according to a new report by Grand View Research, Inc. Stringent government regulations and the emergence of the COVID-19 pandemic leading to awareness among consumers is expected to boost the product demand over the forecast period.
- Hand Protection Equipment Market - The global hand protection equipment market size is anticipated to reach USD 37.8 billion by 2030, according to a new report by Grand View Research, Inc., expanding at a CAGR of 5.9% from 2022 to 2030. Increasing awareness concerning workers' health and safety in the healthcare, oil & gas, construction, and manufacturing sectors are anticipated to drive the industry growth.
Browse through Grand View Research's Smart Textiles Industry Research Reports.
We have curated a list of micro markets to provide a holistic view of industry performance. We focus on critical applications and end-use to give all stakeholders a detailed perspective. The data books are available in interactive dashboards and services start at US$ 500 per month.
About Grand View Research
Grand View Research, U.S.-based market research and consulting company, provides syndicated as well as customized research reports and consulting services. Registered in California and headquartered in San Francisco, the company comprises over 425 analysts and consultants, adding more than 1200 market research reports to its vast database each year. These reports offer in-depth analysis on 46 industries across 25 major countries worldwide. With the help of an interactive market intelligence platform, Grand View Research Helps Fortune 500 companies and renowned academic institutes understand the global and regional business environment and gauge the opportunities that lie ahead.
Corporate Sales Specialist, USA
Grand View Research, Inc.
Toll Free: 1-888-202-9519
Grand View Compass | Astra ESG Solutions
Follow Us: LinkedIn | Twitter