DUBLIN, June 12, 2015 /PRNewswire/ -- Research and Markets (http://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/cm3zmc/patch_pump_drug) has announced the addition of the "Patch Pump Drug Delivery Systems to 2022 " report to their offering.
Patch pumps are the convergence of several technologies into a single drug delivery device package. In doing so, this class of devices overcomes a number of shortcomings and limitations, while simplifying the drug administration event at the patient interface. The current generation of patch pumps focuses on insulin delivery, but a number of devices have been designed and are being developed to be - within the limits of drug pharmacology - essentially API agnostic. Patch Pump Drug Delivery Systems to 2018 analyzes important therapeutic segments and examines key regulatory, economic and competitive factors that represent potential barriers to commercial success.
What Will You Learn
- What patch pump devices for drug delivery have been approved for marketing, and what are the key market segments, market dynamics and market demographics?
- What are the therapeutic demand drivers for patch pump systems?
- What are the key design factors, material selection issues, technologies and market development issues?
- What is the market today, who are the leaders, and what will it look like in 2022?
- Who are the competitors and participants in the patch pump device segment, and what are their product development activities, business strategies, and business alliances and affiliations?
- What is the importance of pharma-device alliances and design partnerships on patch pump commercialization and market access?
- What is the impact of economic, technology, and regulatory factors on the patch pump drug delivery market?
Key Topics Covered:
1. Executive Summary
2. Demand Drivers
- Chronic Conditions & Self-Administration
- Demographics & Healthcare Economics
- Generics and Branding
- Competitive Landscape
- Risk Factors
3. Patch Pump Device Strategies
4. Device/System Architecture
- Product Migration
- Volumes & Viscosities
- Device Electronics
- Accuracy and Dosing Variability
- Alerts and Patient Notification
- Special Features
5. FDA-Approved Patch Pump Devices
7. Development-stage Patch Pump Devices
8. Mechanical Delivery Devices
- Piston-type Systems
- Flexible Container Systems
- Electronic Delivery Devices
- Piston-type Systems
- Hybrid Systems
- Discrete Electronics Module
- Electro-chemical Activation
9. Market Data and Forecasts
10. Market Data by Region
- Market Data by Device Class
- Market Data by Supplier
11. Market Factors
- Trials & Approval
- IP and Product Positioning
12. Company Profiles
For more information visit http://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/cm3zmc/patch_pump_drug