PARIS, June 16, 2015 /PRNewswire/ --
Sichuan International Airshow launches at Paris Airshow
At the International Paris Airshow today, representatives from the Sichuan Provincial Government and Deyang Municipal People's Government of China revealed plans to host a new biennial international airshow in the province.
Launching in September 2017 (subject to final date confirmation), The Sichuan International Airshow will run over five days to showcase international commerce in the fast growing Sichuan region. The three-day trade event and two-day public event will provide a unique opportunity for aviation companies across the globe to gain access to the Chinese aviation supply chain.
With a specific focus on civil and commercial aerospace, manufacturing, MRO and support services, the Sichuan International Airshow will showcase the COMAC, AVIC and other state representatives' supply chains to demonstrate how companies can become involved in the growing Chinese market.
Speaking about the event, Mr Dong Xiaogang vice secretary-general of Sichuan Deyang Municipal People's Government said, "Sichuan Province is one of the most important industrial centres for the aeronautics and aerospace industry in China and the show venue and Deyang City is a major equipment and aerospace manufacturing base. Additionally, as home to China's largest commercial pilot training school, Guanghan Airport offers the perfect venue for the airshow and offers the potential to become an important aviation base in Western China in the future. This event will represent the future of international travel for the people and businesses of China and provide the global aerospace community unique access to the world's second largest aviation market."
Farnborough International Ltd, the organisers of the Farnborough International Airshow, and the European Union Project Innovation Centre (EUPIC), will work together with the Sichuan and Deyang government to bring the event together.
Shaun Ormrod, CEO of Farnborough International Ltd commented, "We will be working very closely with the Sichuan Provincial Government and EUPIC to bring together a world class event that will increase the Sichuan province's profile amongst the international aerospace community and gain the focus of the world's media, firmly putting it on the map as a place to do business."
The Sichuan International Airshow will be a showcase for international aviation commerce in the fast growing Sichuan region. With a specific focus on civil and commercial aerospace, it will demonstrate how companies can become involved in the fast growing Chinese market.
With regulations for domestic and international flights being reduced within China, the three-day trade event and two-day public event will represent the future of international travel for the people and businesses of China and provide the global aerospace community unique access to the world'ssecond largest aviation market.
Venue: Guanghan Airport (65km North East of Chengdu and 79km Northeast of Shuangliu airport), Deyang, Sichuan
Duration: 5 days in total, 3 days trade and 2 days public
Supplier of Consultancy Services: Farnborough International Limited,
EU Project Innovation Centre (Cheng Du)
Target Number of Exhibitors: 300-400
Target Chalet Units (standard unit): 20 chalet units - average 120 per sq m
Target Static Display Aircraft : 60
Target Flying Display Aircraft: 60-70
Target Trade Visitors: 30,000 over 3 days
Target Public Visitors: 100,000 over 2 days
Airshow to include:
- B2B planned activities - eg: Meet The Buyer
- Conference Programme
- Civil delegation Programme
- Official Opening Ceremony
- Welcome Reception hosted by Deyang Municipality, EUPIC and Farnborough International
- Partner programme/City Tour
- China is the world's second largest aviation market and is poised for take-off with the emergence of new airlines coming to market. Airport expansion will continue at a considerable rate, as well as 56 new airports, there are plans to relocate 16 others, and to renovate or expand 91; all of which is designed to accommodate growing passenger and cargo volumes against the backdrop of a growing economy.
- Over the next 20 years, Airbus predicts a demand for 4,000 new aircraft and Boeing forecasts that Chinese airlines will need nearly 6,000 new aircraft. Given the expansion of the airport, it is predicted that the commercial air fleet will grow from 3,888 aircraft in 2011 to an estimated 4,500 in 2020.
- China's largest aviation companies are: China Aviation Industry Corporation (AVIC), The Commercial Aircraft Corporation of China, Ltd (COMAC) and China National Aero-Technology Import & Export Corporation (CATIC).
- The Sichuan International Airshow will run in September 2017 (Subject to final date confirmation), at the Guanghan airport in the city of Deyang, close to the province's capital Chengdu and 79km North East of the region's main international airport, Shuangliu.
- Guanghan is an airport southeast of Sichuan, China,is used by the Civil Aviation Flight University of China for pilot training. Over 90% of all commercial pilots in China will train here.
- Sichuan province is one of the most important industrial base of aeronautics and aerospace in China, the show venue, Deyang City major equipment and aerospace manufacturing base.
Farnborough International Ltd (FIL) are the organisers of the biennial Farnborough International Airshow and has a track record for delivering world class international airshows. As experts in creating civil, defence and business aviation events, the company act as consultants to international governments and trade organisations. FIL is also currently consultant to the Civil Aviation Authority for the Kingdom of Bahrain for the Bahrain International Airshow and adviser to FICCI, organisers of India Aviation. http://www.farnboroughinternational.org
The EU Project Innovation Centre (EUPIC) is a non-profit organization established in Chengdu (China) in 2006 under the Asia Invest II Project, a European Union initiative promoting and supporting business cooperation between the EU and Asia.EUPIC is a comprehensive platform promoting trade, investment and technical cooperation between the EU and China. http://www.eupic.org.cn
- Airbus GMF 2014
- Boeing Current Market Outlook 2013
SOURCE Sichuan International Airshow and Farnborough International Ltd