BANGALORE, September 14, 2012 /PRNewswire/ --
Thousands of YouTube Playlists at Music Lovers' Fingertips
Recently launched website, MySwar.com has rolled out thousands of pre-packaged YouTube playlists to make music discovery easy and fun. Among the wide range of playlists available to music lovers are playlists for albums, new releases, singers, music directors, lyricists and genres. While there are several playlists available to everyone, registered users on MySwar have access to a special playlist consisting of songs recommended specifically for them based on their musical taste. Covering 6 decades of Hindi film music from 1951 to present day and with about 40,000 songs, the playlist feature on MySwar has a lot to offer to music lovers.
Commenting on the launch, MySwar's founder, Param Arunachalam said, "Our present user base largely consists of music geeks, who appreciate the comprehensiveness and accuracy of the information on our website. With the release of playlists, we will also serve the casual listener of music. It can be challenging to navigate through the huge number of videos on YouTube. MySwar playlists make it easy for Hindi film music lovers to access their favourite videos at the click of a button."
Some of the key features of MySwar are:
- Comprehensive and accurate guide - MySwar has information of every film music release from 1951 to present day.
- Musical attributes - A group of passionate music lovers have listened to every song in the last 6 decades (or at least as many as they could get their hands on) and tagged each song with up to 3 Genres. Several other musical attributes have also been catalogued. While, the Genre information is displayed, the other attributes are not. This is perhaps the first time such an exercise has been completed for Hindi film music.
- Songs like this - For every song, MySwar uses a proprietary algorithm to list a set of similar songs based on its Genre and other musical attributes.
- Personalized recommendations - MySwar has a proprietary algorithm to recommend songs to registered users based on their musical taste, as determined by their ratings of songs.
- Accurate and extensive credits - One of MySwar's goal is to recognize every individual who contributes to the making of the music we love so much. MySwar catalogs not just the music director, lyricist and singers involved in each song but also assistants, arrangers, producers, recording engineers, studio, instrumentalists, etc.
- Trivia - MySwar engages users with the stories behind the music. For example, it tells you about the only song for which R.D. Burman wrote lyrics. Users can join their Facebook page or follow them on Twitter to get the Trivia Of The Day.
- Awards - Most prominent Hindi film music awards have been catalogued.
- Reviews - Music lovers can read reviews by other users and by critics and bloggers as well as submit their own reviews.
- Artist bios - MySwar has Artist bios and other information like their official Facebook pages, Twitter handles and websites. Birthday, birth anniversary and death anniversary alerts are posted on Facebook and Twitter.
- Listen to previews - In countries were iTunes is available, users can listen to the iTunes song previews.
- Advanced Search - While the regular search feature lets users search for a song, album or artist, the advanced search feature lets them get song listings that match more than one criteria - singer, music director, lyricist, year range and genre.
- YouTube videos and playlists - Users can watch YouTube videos for songs on the song page and also watch playlists - album playlists, popular songs playlists and many more.
MySwar.com is a music discovery website launched by an ex-Infosys employee, Param Arunachalam. MySwar is an accurate and comprehensive database of Hindi film music that catalogues not only album and song listings and associated artists but also musical attributes of each song. Using these attributes, MySwar serves up song-based and taste-based recommendations.
MySwar is a property of Mavrix Infotech Pvt. Ltd. Mavrix is a Bangalore-based technology company. Website: http://www.mavrix.in
Primary Media Contact: Param Arunachalam, firstname.lastname@example.org, 91-9449808972