LONDON, April 11, 2011 /PRNewswire/ -- Please find below the link to the latest Consumer Attitudes Survey from Denplan, the payment plan specialists, released today which shows the findings from the independent research conducted by YouGov, highlighting the views of UK consumers about their dentistry.
It is the eleventh year Denplan has surveyed consumer opinion with the objective of monitoring attitudes and identifying trends on dentistry in the UK.
With a general election under its belt and a host of political promises made to set the UK's dentistry to rights, what do consumers' think and feel about their oral healthcare at the start of 2011?
- Has the current economic climate affected the way consumers feel about their dental care?
- NHS or Private?
- What trends are emerging and what does the future look like?
Key survey results:
- Attendance is up to 78%, a rise of 3 percentage points since 2009
- 47% of consumers surveyed say they visit the dentist every 6 months, an increase from 43% in 2009.
- 17% of respondents say they are now going to the dentist regularly in an attempt to avoid having to pay for dental treatment.
- 12% without a payment plan said they would consider purchasing a dental plan to help with dental costs.