DUBLIN, June 04, 2015 /PRNewswire/ -- Research and Markets (http://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/hrdpdq/3d_printing) has announced the addition of the "3D Printing 2015-2025: Technologies, Markets, Players" report to their offering.
This 138 slide report (PDF) covers the current and future status, opportunities and market forecasts of 3D printing. It contains many illustrative and analytical figures and tables plus company profiles from across the globe.
3D printing has received much attention in the press over recent years. Hyped as the technology to bring about a 3rd industrial revolution, 3D printing technologies were in fact invented in the early 80s. They remained a niche technology until the expiration of a key patent in 2009 allowed many startups to emerge offering cheap consumer-level 3D printers. A media frenzy in 2012 thrust 3D printing into the limelight and major players are reporting dramatic growth in everything from consumer to high-end metal printers.
This report discusses all of the commercially-significant existing technologies and promising emerging technologies in depth, and analyses both the current and future markets for 3D printing. The market structure is also detailed, and we present profiles of the major players together with insights gained from in-depth interviews with a range of companies involved in 3D printing. We also present detailed forecasts for the future of the 3D printing market.
The following technologies are covered in detail including lists of all major vendors for each technology type and SWOT analyses with quantitative data and references to vendors:
- Digital Light Processing
- Inkjetted photopolymers
- Thermoplastic extrusion
- Selective Laser Sintering of plastics
- Selective Laser Melting of metals
- Blown metal powder
- Sand binding
- Binder jetted into metal powder (by ExOne)
- Smooth Curvature Printing (by Solidscape)
- Selective Deposition Lamination (by Mcor Technologies)
- Hybrid CNC
This report gives forecasts to 2025 in the following forms:
1. Market forecast by industry (bioprinting, automotive, aerospace, consumer products, medical, oil & gas, hobbyist, dental, education and jewelry)
2. Market share by industry
3. Market forecast growth by industry
4. Market forecast by revenue stream (printer, materials, services)
5. Market forecast for printers and materials by price.
6. Market forecast for printers and materials by technology type.
7. Mapping the 3DP landscape by size, precision, speed and price.
Applications are detailed for:
- Manufacture of flight-critical production parts in metals
- Mold making for metal casting
- Rapid prototyping
The trillion dollar oil & gas industry is an emerging user of 3D printing with the highest forecast growth followed by the more established aerospace industry. When significant penetration has occurred into the above markets, 3D printing in these big industries will lock into the capital expenditure cycles associated with them, and, as is the case for other CNC machines, periodic fluctuations in sales will occur -- growth will not be steady and monotonic.
18 major players and eight end users in 3D printing are profiled, and the report is also informed by interviews with companies and institutions throughout the value chain.
- 3D Systems
- Concept Laser
- GE Aviation
- Lockheed Martin
- Sciaky Inc.
- Stratasys Inc
For more information visit http://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/hrdpdq/3d_printing