RED BANK, New Jersey, May 30, 2013 /PRNewswire/ --
Parents can make messages huggable with MessagePetz Teddy Bear
MessagePetz, the Wi-Fi-enabled smart Teddy Bears, have launched on crowd-funding site Kickstarter with early "bear" specials starting from $89. MessagePetz is a huggable, soft Teddy Bear that allows parents and children to communicate whilst they're apart via Wi-Fi messaging.
MessagePetz is hoping to raise $45,000 in funding on Kickstarter, where people can "back" the project to receive their own MessagePetz Teddy Bear. Parents are able to send their child's MessagePetz Bear a 'hug', a 'kiss', an 'I love you' or a personalized message from the free companion app on their smartphone. The Bear's LED heart lights up to let them know you're in touch and displays the message on the Bear's screen, no matter where you are in the world.
Glenn Jones, Co-Founder and CEO, explains: "Families want to stay in touch and messaging apps are very popular, but parents have concerns about when to give their children smartphones. We've created a huggable messaging platform for kids four years old and up that is fun, private, safe and secure that solves that problem. Kids instead can send and receive messages with our Teddy Bear - no smartphone required."
Simply by hugging their MessagePetz, your child lets you know they've received your message and can automatically reply without the need of a smartphone. Custom replies from your child can be written in advance such as 'Peter loves you too!', and older children can use the free iPhone app or MessagePetz iPad app to compose custom replies. Your special Teddy Bear could also be perfect for you and your partner if you have to spend time apart.
The MessagePetz Bear:
- Is available for early backers at $89
- Suitable for ages 4+
- Is 21 inches tall, made from soft plush textiles
- Is powered by a re-chargeable Lithium-ion battery
- The Bear itself does not need a SIM card, the person sending the message needs a phone with a SIM
- Is supported by the free MessagePetz smartphone and iPad apps, available on iPhone. A native Android app will also be released later this year
- The MessagePetz apps are private, so only your loved ones can send and receive messages. MessagePetz privacy and security standards are COPPA compliant
- Multiple MessagePetz Teddy Bears can be associated with one MessagePetz family account - so suitable for larger families
MessagePetz is expected to start shipping by December 2013. You can pre-order your MessagePetz now on their Kickstarter page: http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/messagepetz/make-your-text-messages-huggable
MessagePetz focuses on revolutionizing the way parents and children are able to communicate. Their aim is to provide richer and deeper family connections in a modern world where people often have to be away from their families.
MessagePetz is located in New Jersey, USA, and was founded in January 2013 by Glenn Jones and King Becerra. Combined they have nearly 40 years of IT experience.
Find MessagePetz on Facebook at https://www.facebook.com/pages/Messagepetz/373453839436085 and Twitter @MessagePetz
The MessagePetz website can be found here
For images and further information including photos please go here