NEW YORK, June 23, 2016 /PRNewswire/ --
Consumer marketing channels involves various levels between manufacturers and end customers and can be broadly classified into multi-channel marketing, wherein, sales involve multiple channels, such as wholesalers/distributors and retailers, between manufacturer and end customers, and direct marketing where marketers directly interact with the customer. Teleshopping, which is also known as Direct Response Television shopping, is a direct marketing technique which was originated in the US in 1980s. In this type of marketing technique product information is communicated to the potential customer through electronic medium such as infomercials which are scheduled and aired between TV programs. Contact details are, usually, communicated at the end of infomercial for the customer to call for further queries or to place the orders. These infomercials include detailed product information, in-depth product demonstration, product details & price and benefits of buying and using the product.
Convenient shopping platform, high disposable income, rise in consumerism, with option to order a product from a channel's website as well and low priced products, are few of the major growth drivers of the Teleshopping market in India.
Teleshopping Market: Drivers and Restraints
India teleshopping market is growing at a significantly high rate and stood around USD700-750 million in 2015. Television has the ability to demonstrate the product which would enable this sales channel in selling various innovative products further, educating the customer about the brand. Major companies' strategies, such as setting up call centres in multiple cities, providing region wise toll free telephone numbers, etc. is expected to boost the growth of teleshopping market in India and helped the companies to increase their penetration in the market, as well. Increasing literacy rate, improved standard of living, growing disposable income, increasing women employment, etc. are few of the factors fuelling the growth of teleshopping market in the country.
Rising e-commerce market coupled with increasing internet penetration in the country and importance of feel and touch factor for buying the products are few of the reasons which pose a challenge to India teleshopping market.
Teleshopping Market: Segmentation
The India Teleshopping Market is classified on the basis of operations type (dedicated channel vs infomercials), product category (personal care, healthcare, consumer electronics, apparels and accessories, hardware, home furnishings and others), region and company.
India Teleshopping Market, by Operations Type
- Dedicated Channel
India Teleshopping Market: By Region
North and West regions of the country accounted for a major share in the country on account of high rate of urbanization, rising women employment rate, etc. Tier II & III cities, where internet and smart phone penetration is relatively low as compared to metros, are expected to generate a large chunk of orders through teleshopping.
India Teleshopping Market: Key Players
Network18 (Homeshop18), Shop CJ, Naaptol, Zee Media Corporation Ltd., Telebrands Corp., are some of the major players operating in teleshopping market in India.
The report covers exhaustive analysis on:
- Market Size, Market Share & Forecast
- Segmental Analysis - By Operations Type, By Product Categories, By Region & By Company
- Regional Analysis for the following regions:
- North Region
- South Region
- West Region
- East Region
- Market Dynamics (Market Drivers, Challenges & their Impact Analysis)
- Market Trends & Emerging Opportunities
- Competitive Landscape
- Strategic Recommendations
Regional analysis includes
- North Region (Delhi, Chandigarh, Lucknow)
- South Region (Bangalore, Chennai, Hyderabad)
- West Region (Mumbai, Pune, Ahmedabad)
- East Region (Kolkata, Guwahati, Patna)
Why You Should Buy This Report?
- To gain an in-depth understanding of teleshopping market
- To identify the on-going trends and anticipated growth in the next five years
- To gain competitive knowledge of leading market players
- To avail 10% customization in the report without any extra charges and get the research data or trends added in the report as per the buyer's specific needs.
Key Questions This Study Will Answer
- How do growth rates in the market vary by segment, sub-segments and region?
- What are the most important growth drivers and opportunities in the market?
- What strategies should market competitors employ to gain share in mature segments of the market?
- What are the competitor profiles in this market and how do they compete for market share?
About TechSci Research
TechSci Research is a leading global market research firm publishing premium market research reports. Serving 700 global clients with more than 600 premium market research studies, TechSci Research is serving clients across 11 different industrial verticals. TechSci Research specializes in research based consulting assignments in high growth and emerging markets, leading technologies and niche applications. Our workforce of more than 100 fulltime Analysts and Consultants employing innovative research solutions and tracking global and country specific high growth markets helps TechSci clients to lead rather than follow market trends.
Mr. Ken Mathews
708 Third Avenue,
New York - 10017
SOURCE TechSci Research