DUBLIN, July 14, 2014 /PRNewswire/ -- Research and Markets has announced the addition of the "RF GaN Technology & Market Analysis: Applications, Players, Devices & Substrates 2010-2020" report to their offering.
Over the last several years, the silicon LDMOS coverage of high-power RF amplification applications in the 2GHz+ frequency range has decreased from 92% to 76%; the remaining 24% market share is mainly addressed by technologies such as GaAs pHEMT or HEMTs GaN. This equilibrium continues to be turned around by GaN HEMTs implementation. GaN HEMTs in wireless telecommunications is a higher-power and higher-frequency transistors alternative. From a system point of view, GaN is cost-competitive in applications over 3.5GHz. GaN devices continue to challenge silicon's dominant position in an industrial playground in which a Power Amplifier (PA) market size of $1600M+ is forecasted for 2020.
Today, several companies (i.e. CREE, Triquint/RFMD, Sumitomo, RFHIC, MACOM/Nitronex, Mitsubishi, NXP, Microsemi) have GaN device portfolios covering a wide range of applications. GaN has progressed significantly over the last five years; several thousand devices have been developed and implemented in applications such as radar, CATV, space applications with satellite communication, counter-IED jammers, CATV modules, 3G/4G base-stations, WIMAX/LTE PAs and general purpose applications.
In our nominal case, RF GaN-based devices could reach more than 18% of the overall RF device market by 2020 (i.e. a 9 % CAGR from 2013-2020). More details per application, type of devices, business models, etc. can be found in the report.
KEY FEATURES OF THE REPORT
- Covers RF GaN device technology:
- RF GaN market analysis
- Commercially-available products overview
- RF GaN substrates overview
- Industrial landscape
- RF GaN HEMT applications (Wireless telecom, CATV, VSat, Satcom, Defence)
- Discussion on adoption of RF GaN-on-Si and GaN-on-SiC technologies in targeted applications
- Volume and revenue forecasts to 2020
Key Topics Covered:
2. Companies cited in this report
3. Report objectives
4. Executive summary
5. Latest news
6. GaN RF device market analysis
7. RF GaN HEMT overview
8. GaN substrates overview
9. GaN RF devices industrial landscape
10. GaN HEMT markets
11. Recent known funding in RF GaN development
12. General conclusions
- BAE Systems
- Covalent Materials
- Flarion Technologies
- Freiburg/Univ. Ulm/Fraunhofer IAF
- Global Communication Semiconductors
- HRL Lab.
- II-VI Inc.
- LG Plus
- Lockheed Martin
- MTI Corporation
- NGK Insulators
- NTT DOCOMO
- Northrop Grumman
- On Semiconductor
- Renesas Elec.
- SAAB Microwave
- SK Telecom
- Samsung Electronic Mechanics
- Sumitomo Electric Devices Innovation
- Suzhou Jiangzhan Semiconductor
- Thales 3-5 lab.
- US Air Force Laboratory
- WIN Semiconductors.
For more information visit http://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/p27grh/rf_gan_technology
Media Contact: Laura Wood, +353-1-481-1716, firstname.lastname@example.org
SOURCE Research and Markets