DUBLIN, June 03, 2015 /PRNewswire/ -- Research and Markets (http://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/tpwkbr/power_module) has announced the addition of the "Power Module Packaging Performance Is Now Essential In Meeting Market Needs" report to their offering.
In order to increase power module yield and reliability, companies are working on new products for power packaging, especially for the common failure locations, die and substrate attach, interconnection and encapsulation. Both new designs and new materials can be used, whether to eliminate levels of connection or to improve interfaces. In die attach, for instance, soldering is progressively losing market share, which benefits silver sintering. Although the basic material is more expensive, taking into account cheaper equipment and manufacturing costs and improved reliability, this technology is seducing ever more players. Standard wire bonding is evolving as well, with solutions increasing contact surface, such as ribbon or ball bonding. Encapsulation technologies must evolve to handle high operating temperatures: standard silicone gel or epoxy are limited in terms of temperature, and so new materials such as parylene are being developed.
Developments for power packaging are needed because power electronics is facing many challenges, due to both environmental and technical requirements. Increasing power density and power conversion optimization for CO2 emission reduction are key. To achieve ambitious governmental targets and to respect volume constraints, technology breakthroughs are needed at device and module level. Moreover, the growing and important role of wide band gap (WBG) semiconductors makes efficient packages mandatory, so that devices' high frequency, high voltage or high temperature capabilities can be best exploited.
Growth of electric vehicles and hybrid electric vehicles (EV/HEV) will drive the power electronics market in the coming year. That brings particular requirements, like size and cost constraints, large production volumes, and ability to automate assembly. Packaging improvements will go with these specific requirements.
Applications also increasingly need to work at high voltage or high temperature. Innovations are also needed so that system packages can support harsh working conditions.
In this report you will find detailed descriptions of standard power module packaging designs. There are special focuses on each part: substrate, thermal interface materials, baseplate, encapsulation, die attach and interconnection. Both technological and marketing points of view are considered. Technological innovations are presented, and market metrics and forecasts are given for each part.
Key Features Of The Report:
- Updated market metrics for the power electronics field and especially for power modules, in units and $
- Complete analysis of power module packaging design
- Detailed analysis of each part of a standard power module package
- Presentation of case studies and technological innovations
- Market metrics and forecasts for each type of packaging component: substrate, baseplate, die attach, thermal interface, encapsulation, interconnection
- Complete presentation of discrete device packaging
- Trends for discrete device packaging
- Supply chain analysis and evolution trends
Key Topics Covered:
1. Overall power electronics market
2. Power module market
3. Power module packaging
- Brief presentation of different existing solutions
- Power module packaging - Standard products
- Power module packaging - Case studies
- Interconnections in power modules
- Die attach for power modules
- Substrate/DBC for power modules
- Encapsulation for power modules
- Thermal Interface Materials for power modules
- Baseplate for power modules
- Whole raw materials for power packaging
- Global trends for power module packaging
4. Discrete device packaging
5. Future evolution in discrete device packaging
6. General conclusion
- Deca Technologies
- Dow Corning
- Dowa Dupont
- Fuji Electric
- GaN System
- General Electric
- Grace Semiconductor
- International Rectifier
- J Devices
- Mitsubishi Electric
- Mitsubishi Materials
- Namium Nepes
- ON Semi
- Ravelin Materials
- RHP Technology
- Schneider Electric
- Shanghai Hua Hong NEC
- Shin Etsu
- STATS ChipPAC
- Texas Instruments
For more information visit http://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/tpwkbr/power_module
About Research and Markets
Research and Markets is the world's leading source for international market research reports and market data. We provide you with the latest data on international and regional markets, key industries, the top companies, new products and the latest trends.
Media Contact: Laura Wood , +353-1-481-1716, firstname.lastname@example.org
SOURCE Research and Markets