1. The global endotracheal tubes market is expected to witness an incremental growth of over USD 203 million and an absolute growth of around 28% during the forecast period.
2. Based on intubation, oral is expected to have the highest incremental growth of over USD 141 million and the highest absolute growth of around 30% during the forecast period.
3. Based on product type, uncuffed is expected to have the highest incremental growth of over USD 112 million while cuffed is expected to have the highest absolute growth of over 28% during the forecast period.
4. Based on application, anesthesia & critical care is expected to have the highest incremental growth of over USD 100 million while emergency care is expected to have the highest absolute growth of around 30.50% during the forecast period.
5. Based on material type, PVC is expected to have the highest incremental growth of around USD 150 million and silicone is expected to have the highest absolute growth of over 28% during the forecast period.
6. Based on end-user, hospitals are expected to have the highest incremental growth of over USD 103 million and others is expected to have an absolute growth of over 45% during the forecast period.
7. North America is dominating the market and is expected to have the highest incremental growth of over USD 67 million while APAC is expected to have the highest absolute growth of over 41% during the forecast period.
Market Size & Forecast by Revenue | 2020−2026
Market Dynamics – Leading trends, growth drivers, restraints, and investment opportunities
Market Segmentation – A detailed analysis by intubation, product type, application, material type, end user, and geography
Competitive Landscape – 5 key vendors and 20 other vendors
Nasotracheal intubation involves passing nasal ET through the nose, thereby allowing better isolation and good surgical access for intraoral procedures. It is one of the most common methods used to induce anesthesia for surgeries of the head and neck region.
The benefits of a cuffed tube are accurate end-tidal CO2 (ETCO2) monitoring, protection from aspiration, fewer tube changes due to air leaks, and continuous lung recruitment. However, concerns about cuffed tubes are that they cause increased trauma and that this trauma can lead to erosion, infection, cricoid perichondritis, and ultimately sub-glottic stenosis.
In 2020, the anesthesia and critical care segment accounted for a share of 52.46% in the global endotracheal tubes market. Airway management is a crucial skill required in clinical anesthesiologists. It is an integral part of general anesthesia, allowing ventilation and oxygenation.
Endotracheal Tube Market by Intubation
Endotracheal Tube Market by Product Type
Endotracheal Tube Market by Application
Anesthesia & Critical Care
Endotracheal Tube Market by Material Type
Endotracheal Tube Market by End User
Ambulatory Surgical Centers (ASCs)
Endotracheal Tube Market – Dynamics
Patients admitted to intensive care units (ICUs) most often require endotracheal intubation. The procedure is associated with high morbidity and mortality, especially during emergency procedures and severe cardiorespiratory insufficiency. Therefore, these conditions make it extremely important to improve the safety of the intubation process. Video laryngoscopy may play a relevant role as compared to conventional intubation techniques. Video laryngoscopy (VL)/video laryngoscope improves the glottis view and allows supervision by an expert during the intubation process. VL is proposed to improve airway management and reduce the incidence of difficult intubation. Video laryngoscopes have rapidly become routine devices for airway management in many situations, especially in an ICU than operating rooms. For patients in need of critical care, difficulties associated with tracheal intubation are more common compared to elective surgical patients. There is a higher risk of suffering serious complications compared to non-critically ill patients, relative to the number of intubation attempts.
Key Drivers and Trends fueling Market Growth:
Advances in Anesthesia Endotracheal Tubes
Novel Antimicrobial BCP3 in Endotracheal Tube Coatings
Prevalence of Chronic Respiratory Diseases
Rising Number of Surgical Procedures
Endotracheal Tube Market – Geography
In 2020, North America accounted for a share of 42.60% in the global endotracheal tubes market. The market in this region is contributed by the increase in surgical procedures owing to the rise in chronic diseases, including respiratory diseases, cardiovascular diseases, lung cancer, and other lung injuries. Furthermore, growth in the aging population and high surge in patients with VAP are significantly contributing to the growth of the market. Factors such as advanced healthcare infrastructure and the development of various coated ETs are increasing awareness among end-users in promoting the demand for endotracheal tubes. In North America, there has been a drastic increase in the patient pool requiring effective treatment and surgical procedures. In the US alone, 48 million surgeries were performed, while in Canada, more than one million surgeries are performed every year. With the rise in these procedures, the adoption of endotracheal intubation has also increased, especially in ICU patients.
Arizton Advisory and Intelligence is an innovation and quality-driven firm, which offers cutting-edge research solutions to clients across the world. We excel in providing comprehensive market intelligence reports and advisory and consulting services.
We offer comprehensive market research reports on industries such as consumer goods & retail technology, automotive and mobility, smart tech, healthcare, and life sciences, industrial machinery, chemicals and materials, IT and media, logistics and packaging. These reports contain detailed industry analysis, market size, share, growth drivers, and trend forecasts.
Arizton comprises a team of exuberant and well-experienced analysts who have mastered in generating incisive reports. Our specialist analysts possess exemplary skills in market research. We train our team in advanced research practices, techniques, and ethics to outperform in fabricating impregnable research reports.