LONDON, December 5, 2011 /PRNewswire/ --
CyberMonday.co.uk predicts that 5 December will be the busiest online shopping day of the year before Christmas with online shoppers spending 14% more than last year and visits to retail websites reaching 85 million. Global marketing firm eCoupons created CyberMonday.co.uk in 2009 to promote Cyber Monday in the UK. It promotes similar events in Portugal (cybermonday.pt) and Germany (cybermonday.de).
Top 10 Cyber Monday Sales:
- Amazon.co.uk Cyber Monday Deals Week - Deals on 100,000s of products, including time-limited, quantity-limited Lightning Deals and Editors' Picks of the best offers each day.
- HMV: Cyber Weekend Sale - Cracking prices on Christmas Gifts.
- Dell: Christmas Days of Deals - New Deals every 48 hours.
- Marks & Spencer: Free UK Delivery over 30 GBP, 25% off Hampers, Women's Jumpers & Cardigans, selected Women's Coats. 5 December Only.
- Hamleys: Spend 25 GBP and get Pudding Bear Half Price.
- Homebase: 20% off when you spend 30 GBP or more.
- Play.com: 22% off Take that Progress Live CD 6.99 GBP.
- Comet: Up an extra 15% off everything, 15% off TV's, Save up to half price on top gifting ideas.
- Topshop: Free Standard Delivery on all UK orders. 5 December Only.
- Argos: Up to Half Price Toy Sale.
Matthew Cheng, founder of voucher code website eCoupons.co.uk and CyberMonday.co.uk said, "Cyber Monday interest has been growing for the past few years and for the first time, Amazon.co.uk is having a Cyber Monday sale to correspond with the peak day of online shopping. This year, more UK retailers are having Cyber Monday sales or one day Monday sales to entice online shoppers amidst steep competition."
In the U.S., many online retailers including Sears, Kmart and Home Depot are having "Cyber Monday 2" deals in hopes of repeating last week's record breaking sales.
Cheng predicted, "More than 80% of online retailers in the U.S. now have Cyber Monday sales and I expect a similar figure in the UK in the next few years."
For the past few years, the overall peak of online shopping is 26 December dubbed Cyber Boxing Day.
Founded in 2002, eCoupons is one of the oldest voucher code websites. eCoupons offers money saving vouchers to thousands of stores worldwide.
CONTACT: Matthew Cheng, eCoupons.com, +1-212-655-4417, email@example.com