Open source community conference welcomes DevOps from around the world to discuss software containers and distributed systems developing GIFEE
BERLIN, April 19, 2016 /PRNewswire/ --
WHAT: CoreOS Fest will bring together developers, journalists and enthusiasts of container technologies and distributed systems for a two day technical conference on building Google's Infrastructure For Everyone Else (GIFEE). Google, Intel, Cisco, Deis, Project Calico, SignalFx and other companies will join CoreOS, Inc. to lead discussions on the future of hyperscale infrastructure and how they can work together to build a more secure Internet. Beginners through those with advanced knowledge of hyperscale infrastructure are all welcome to attend keynote presentations, especially from Alex Polvi, CEO of CoreOS, on day one. With an introductory track, Kubernetes track and security track, attendees will learn about the tools and best practices used to build modern infrastructure stacks.
WHEN: May 9 and May 10, 2016; 8 a.m. - 5:30 p.m. CEST, each day
WHERE: The bcc, Alexanderstrasse 11,10178 Berlin, Germany
WHO: CoreOS Fest speakers will feature leaders in the container industry, including CoreOS founders Alex Polvi and Brandon Philips, and other experts from the open source community:
- Greg Kroah-Hartman, Fellow at the Linux Foundation: State of the Linux Kernel
- Diego Ongaro, creator of the Raft consensus algorithm: An Overview of the Raft Protocol
- Lennart Poettering, creator of systemd: Security Features in Systemd
- Filip Grzadkowski, senior software engineer, Google: Kubernetes Performance & Scalability Deep-Dive
CoreOS thanks the following sponsors of CoreOS Fest 2016:
- Premier Sponsors: Cisco, Google, Intel
- Main Sponsors: Deis, Project Calico, SignalFx
- Additional Sponsors: Cloud Native Computing Foundation (CNCF), Datadog, Exoscale, Mirantis, OpenStack, Packet, StackPointCloud, StorageOS, ScaleFT, Sysdig and Wercker
About CoreOS, Inc.
CoreOS, Inc. is running the world's containers securely on CoreOS, Tectonic and Quay. CoreOS is the creator of Tectonic, the universal Kubernetes solution, that combines Google's Kubernetes and the CoreOS stack to deploy, manage and secure containers anywhere. CoreOS' Quay technology allows companies to securely store Linux containers in private hosted repositories or behind customer's firewalls. In addition, CoreOS is the creator and maintainer of open source projects CoreOS Linux, etcd, fleet, flannel and rkt. The strategies and architectures that influence CoreOS allow companies like Google, Facebook and Twitter to run their services at scale with high resilience. Learn more at https://coreos.com/ or follow CoreOS on Twitter @coreoslinux.