LONDON, Jan. 31, 2020 /PRNewswire/ --
Over 900 businesses and technology leaders gathered at the world's largest tech diversity event, the Women in IT Awards London, as award winners were crowned across 20 categories.
The winners of the sixth annual Women in IT Awards London 2020 were revealed at a gala ceremony in London.
The awards, organised by Bonhill Group and headline sponsored by Amazon Web Services, serve to showcase the achievements and innovation of women in technology and identify new role models in a sector where female representation stands at only 19% — a level that is still alarmingly low.
The awards were held at Grosvenor House Hotel on London's Park Lane and hosted by British television presenter Naga Munchetty, who revealed 20 winners chosen from over 500 nominations.
Opening the awards, Lawrence Gosling — editorial director at Bonhill Group plc — said: "As we start a new chapter in the life of this country in so many ways, the importance of the IT sector to the well-being of society and the economy is irrefutable. To achieve the maximum positive outcome we have to continue to promote, recognise and develop the role of women. Tonight's event and the others we do around the world are modest contributors to that end. The industry has moved significantly since we started these awards, but there is no room for complacency."
Now, the Women in IT Awards Series — originating in London — has become a global initiative. In 2019, the series continued the two US editions of the event in New York and San Francisco , while hosting the second awards programme in Dublin. With launches in Singapore, Berlin, Bucharest and Toronto.
In addition, an inaugural Women in IT Summit in the UK is due to take place on the 30 June 2020 in London.
Women in IT Awards London 2020 winners (in order of announcement):
- Data Leader of the Year, sponsored by Veritas
Jackie Shears — NHS Digital
- e-Skills Initiative of the Year, sponsored by Accenture Security
Federica Romagnoli — Yoox Net-A-Porter Group
- Global Leader of the Year, sponsored by Google Cloud
Chandra Dhandapani — CBRE
- Digital Leader of the Year, sponsored by DAZN
Laura Hilliger — We Are Open Co-op
- Security Champion of the Year, sponsored by Lloyd's Banking Group
Felicity March — IBM
- Young Leader of the Year, sponsored by AlixPartners
Josie Young — Methods
- Entrepreneur of the Year, sponsored by Yoox Net-A-Porter Group
Christine Telyan — UENI Lt
- Innovator of the Year, sponsored by Mastercard
Lucy Mullins — StepLadder
- Diversity Initiative of the Year, sponsored by J.P. Morgan
Joanne Rewcastle — DWP Digital
- Employer of the Year, sponsored by UiPath
- Rising Star of the Year, sponsored by New Relic
Anna Zappone — Google
- Business Leader of the Year, sponsored by BP
Jenny Davies — M247
- Transformation Leader of the Year, sponsored by Just Eat
Karen Hopley — G4S
- Advocate of the Year, sponsored by FireEye
Carly Britton — Vualto
- IT Team of the Year, sponsored by Rolls-Royce
Juliette French — Lloyds Banking Group
- Future CIO of the Year, sponsored by Frank Recruitment
Mel Unsworth, Yoox Net-A-Porter Group
- Business Role Model of the Year, sponsored by BMC Software
Naya Giannakopoulou — DMW
- CTO of the Year, sponsored by Red Hat
Niki Trigoni — Navenio
- CIO of the Year, sponsored by AWS
Amanda Hamilton — City & County Healthcare Group
- Woman of the Year, sponsored by Salesforce
Shaheen Sayed — Accenture
About Bonhill Group
Bonhill Group plc is a leading B2B media company providing Business Insight, Events and Data & Analytics propositions to international Technology, Financial Services and Diversity Business Communities.
The portfolio includes iconic media brands 'Last Word Media', 'Information Age', 'Investment News' as well as the widely recognised events and award ceremonies, including 'The Women in Finance Summit and Awards Series, 'Data Leaders' and 'Tech Leaders' and 'Future Stars of Tech'.
SOURCE Bonhill Group