LONDON, February 4, 2014 /PRNewswire/ --
- Crowdsourced opinion engine - Sentimeter™
- In-app odds comparison from major bookmakers
- Provides personalised news, insights & sentiment in one
BETFUZE is today launching the world's first sports betting app designed specifically for the iPad. The free app provides users with a unique experience by offering crowdsourced insights using the Sentimeter™, along with the latest sporting news, statistics and personalised content. The BETFUZE app is designed to ensure users have a wealth of knowledge at their fingertips to help them to bet more intelligently.
BETFUZE's Sentimeter analyses the tweets of millions of sports fans in real-time to provide users with instant insight on the likely outcome of any bet. Using bespoke technology, the tool is able to accurately analyse Twitter conversations to interpret a positive or negative social sentiment, and produce a percentage score for any sporting event.
BETFUZE Co-Founder and CEO Paul McNea comments: "The Sentimeter brings the power of social media to sport in a way that's never been seen before. BETFUZE uses the insights of millions of people, to reveal who the crowd is with, without needing to be in the stadium. This is betting for the mobile and social media generation where news and public opinion combine."
Paul McNea continues: "The Sentimeter idea came from watching Andy Murray in the men's singles tennis final at Wimbledon. Social media interactions had tripled from the 2012 Championships and IBM began monitoring social media sentiment around the players for the first time. Murray's performances made him the most positively referenced player overall (42% positive), with fluctuations appearing before and after top performances. This really woke us up to how we could use the power of the crowd to help predict the outcome of any sporting event. We looked at how we could utilise this for other sports and there was a clear link between social opinion and outcomes. So the Sentimeter taps into this crowd energy."
- Odds Comparison: This feature provides real-time odds from all major bookmakers. Bets can be placed with a couple of clicks, facilitating in-play betting for users where time is at a premium.
- Tailored Experience: Over time the app will tailor itself to a user's interests, prioritising information relating to their preferred sports and leagues. The personalised experience includes access to articles from venues and top writers, weather forecasts as well as the latest form information.
- Streamlined Design: Designed specifically for mobile, the app has been crafted with none of the clutter and confusion of a traditional betting website or app. Together with a powerful event search engine, BETFUZE focuses on design to reduce browsing time.
Launching for iPad initially, iPhone and Android versions are coming soon. BETFUZE is currently available to download from the Apple App Store.
Notes to Editors
Logos, app screenshots and spokespeople images can be downloaded from here.
London-based BETFUZE is a venture between the founders of the leading mobile experience company YUZA and mobile payments entrepreneur Paul McNea.
BETFUZE's operating company, Sports Fuze Limited, has recently secured a significant funding from a syndicate of UK based investors.
HQ'd in the world famous Carnaby Street, YUZA creates mobile experiences for some of the most powerful global brands as well as developing its own range of mobile brands.