TOKYO, March 13, 2014 /PRNewswire/ --
On March 19, 2014, the 6th Russia-Japan Investment Forum will be jointly hosted in Tokyo (Japan) by the Russian Ministry of Economic Development and the Japanese Ministry of Economy, Trade, and Industry. The Russian Ministry of Agriculture is also taking part in the event, which is sponsored by the St. Petersburg International Economic Forum (SPIEF) and the All Russia Public Organization Delovaya Rossiya (Business Russia).
The main objectives of the Forum are to facilitate the development and growth of trade links and to attract investment. Alexey Ulyukaev, the Russian Minister of Economic Development, and Toshimitsu Motegi, the Japanese Minister of Economy, Trade, and Industry, will open the Forum. The business programme will include a plenary session entitled 'Improving the investment climate in Russia and opening new areas for investment cooperation between Russia and Japan'. The following industry-specific roundtable sessions are also planned:
- Urban development and architecture
- The automotive industry and the development of supporting industries
- Russian-Japanese regional cooperation
- Agriculture and the food industry
- Medicine and pharmaceuticals
- Special economic zones and industrial parks
- Russian-Japanese cooperation in small and medium-sized enterprises
- Cooperation in energy, energy efficiency, and renewable energy sources
The event will provide a forum for discussions between representatives of federal and regional authorities, major Russian and international companies, financial institutions, academic organizations, and NGOs.
It is expected that more than 700 delegates will take part in the 6th Russia-Japan Investment Forum, including leaders of major national corporations from countries, business associations, and representatives from the regions and prefectures of Russia and Japan.
SOURCE St Petersburg Economic Forum