SAN FRANCISCO, Aug. 20, 2019 /PRNewswire/ -- The global ophthalmic ultrasound devices market size is expected to reach USD 728.7 million by 2026, according to a new report by Grand View Research, Inc., growing at a CAGR of 6.1%. Increasing burden of ophthalmic disorders, such as cataract & retinal detachments, and high demand for effective imaging tools are factors driving growth. In addition, frequent new product launches are expected to contribute toward high growth during the forecast period.
Key suggestions from the report:
- The A-scan segment held largest share and is expected to grow at lucrative CAGR over the forecast period owing to its increasing demand as critical imaging equipment in cataract surgery
- Ocular ultrasounds that are portable with integrated scanning features are anticipated to witness fastest growth during the forecast period
- Hospital segment accounted for the largest share in 2018. Large patient pool and government support in the form of funding for advancement of eye care in different geographies are expected to contribute toward growth of this segment
- North America dominated in 2018. Growth of this region is fueled by local presence of major manufacturers and suppliers developing advance technology coupled with rising prevalence of ophthalmic disorders
- Asia Pacific is anticipated to witness fastest growth over the forecast period due to improving healthcare infrastructure and growing economies
- Major players in the ophthalmic ultrasound devices market are focusing on launch of advance technology with improved parameters, such as image resolutions & data storage, and building efficient software for improving user interface.
Read 90 page research report with TOC on "Ophthalmic Ultrasound Devices Market Size, Share & Trends Analysis Report By Product (A-Scan, B-Scan), By End Use (Hospital, Ambulatory Surgical Center), By Mobility (Portable, Standalone), By Region, And Segment Forecasts, 2019 - 2026" at: https://www.grandviewresearch.com/industry-analysis/ophthalmic-ultrasound-devices-market
Advanced technology with integrated scanning features is expected to replace the existing conventional devices. Rising number of private as well as non-profit ophthalmic clinics and ambulatory imaging centers in developing countries is expected to play an important role in driving the global ophthalmic ultrasound systems market.
Increasing incidence of diabetes, a major factor leading to ophthalmic disorders such as cataract & proliferative diabetic retinopathy, growing awareness about cataract surgeries, and introduction of technologically advanced devices are some of factors anticipated to drive the market over the forecast period.
Growing number of strategic initiatives, such as introduction of technologically advanced and integrated devices at competitive prices, establishing of exclusive agreement with hospitals & clinics, and mergers & acquisitions also aid growth. Moreover, establishment of ophthalmology society and evolving government and non-government programs supporting eye care are expected to boost the market.
Grand View Research has segmented the ophthalmic ultrasound devices market on the basis of product, end use, mobility, and region:
- Ophthalmic Ultrasound Devices Product Outlook (Volume, '000 Units; Revenue, USD Million, 2015 - 2026)
- Ultrasound Biomicroscope
- Ophthalmic Ultrasound Devices End-use Outlook (Revenue, USD Million, 2015 - 2026)
- Ambulatory surgical Centre
- Ophthalmic clinic
- Ophthalmic Ultrasound Devices Mobility Outlook (Revenue, USD Million, 2015 - 2026)
- Portable/ Handheld
- Ophthalmic Ultrasound Devices Regional Outlook (Revenue, USD Million, 2015 - 2026)
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- South Korea
- Latin America
- Middle East & Africa
- South Africa
- Saudi Arabia
Find more research reports on Medical Devices Industry, by Grand View Research:
- Epinephrine Auto-Injectors Market – Epinephrine (Adrenaline) auto-injectors are latest trend in the market and are used for the treatment of anaphylaxis which occurs in people suffering from cardiac arrest, allergy and asthma.
- Spinal Implants and Surgical Devices Market – Increasing incidences of spinal deformities, increasing demand in minimally invasive surgeries coupled with increasing global geriatric population base is expected to drive spinal implants and surgery devices market in the forecast period.
- Pediatric Interventional Cardiology Market – The pediatric interventional cardiology market is expected to witness a lucrative growth in the forecast period owing to the ongoing development of novel minimally invasive devices and the growing population base of pediatric patients.
Gain access to Grand View Compass, our BI enabled intuitive market research database of 10,000+ reports
About Grand View Research
Grand View Research, U.S.-based market research and consulting company, provides syndicated as well as customized research reports and consulting services. Registered in California and headquartered in San Francisco, the company comprises over 425 analysts and consultants, adding more than 1200 market research reports to its vast database each year. These reports offer in-depth analysis on 46 industries across 25 major countries worldwide. With the help of an interactive market intelligence platform, Grand View Research helps Fortune 500 companies and renowned academic institutes understand the global and regional business environment and gauge the opportunities that lie ahead.
Corporate Sales Specialist, USA
Grand View Research, Inc.
Toll Free: 1-888-202-9519
Follow Us: LinkedIn | Twitter
SOURCE Grand View Research, Inc.