- Zero Personally Identifiable Information and its founder, Edison Nica, offer users a new, low-risk way to engage with mobile advertisements
CARY, North Carolina, March 24, 2014 /PRNewswire/ -- The innovative mobile advertising platform design firm Zero Personally Identifiable Information (0PII) and its founder, Edison Nica, today announced that the company is seeking $500,000 in start-up funds through an 8-week campaign on Indiegogo, one of the premier crowd-sourcing sites on the Internet. These funds will be used to develop, test and release the Privacy Aware Personalized Recommendations and Services (PAPeRSS) platform for Android systems. PAPeRSS allows mobile users to retain control over their own personally identifiable information and to make choices regarding which applications and advertisers are allowed to access this information on a case-by-case basis. Interested investors can learn more about this project online at http://www.indiegogo.com/projects/a-privacy-aware-mobile-advertisement-platform.
For mobile advertisers, remaining sensitive to the issues of consumer privacy and personal data protection can generate significant goodwill among potential customers. As 0PII founder Edison Nica points out, "Users don't hate technology; they hate the lack of true control of the technology." Access to and use of personally identifiable information on mobile devices can be a sticking point for many consumers. Rather than risk their personal data, some end users may actively avoid ad-supported software or advertising campaigns that require them to create profiles, establish login credentials or accept cookies. The PAPeRSS program will help advertisers avoid these issues and establish a more positive reputation with mobile users in the competitive online marketplace.
PAPeRSS differs from other mobile advertising platforms in a number of important ways:
- Data resides safely on the end user's own device and is not stored in the cloud or by the advertisers.
- Mobile users can exercise a much greater degree of control over the data accessible to advertising applications.
- No logins or customer profiles will be required by the PAPeRSS system. Instead, the end user will create his or her own personal profile for secure storage on the mobile device. Ads and promotional materials will be evaluated by the PAPeRSS algorithm resident on the device and will be displayed solely based on the information provided by the user and stored directly within the storage of the mobile system.
- No Internet access permissions will be required by PAPeRSS or its related applications, instead internet access will be provided by a separate open source service, which will protect user's data.
- On the other side of the equation, mobile advertisers can try the PAPeRSS system prior to paying for their ads to be displayed. Higher payments typically result in more frequent displays. Because consumers are not required to risk their personal privacy, the reaction to ads delivered through PAPeRSS is expected to be significantly more positive overall.
Donating to the 0PII Indiegogo fundraising campaign can earn advertisers significant discounts on the cost of promoting their products, services and clients through PAPeRSS.
Protecting personal privacy rights was the driving force behind the founding of 0PII. This start-up will provide innovative solutions for mobile advertisers and will offer added protection for consumers in the evolving mobile marketplace.