DUBLIN, Mar. 27, 2014 /PRNewswire/ --Research and Markets (http://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/h3fr9g/global) has announced the addition of the "Global Pharmaceutical & Biotechnology Outlook 2014: Major US and EU" report to their offering.
Strategy Diversification Divested: Productivity measurements, divestment of non-core assets resulting in healthy cash position. This will accelerate the next wave of targeted acquisition
In recent years several new therapies have been approved in the area of diabetes (SGLT-2, GLP-1 agonists), Multiple Sclerosis, HCV, melanoma and breast cancer from major pharmaceutical companies. Many of them are expected to reach multibillion dollars peak sales in the near-term which is likely to compensate the patent expiry loss in top-line revenue. Novel mechanisms like anti-PD1, anti-PCSK9 and CDK inhibitors have also got exclusive attention by large cap Pharma companies. Most companies are in a race to acquire assets in these hot therapy areas. Companies who already have these assets are investing heavily in clinical development programs. The interest in pursuing opportunities in Oncology therapy is unhindered for all major Pharma companies. Research investments in oncology are likely to continue for several more years due to the significant unmet need exist in this area.
Key Topics Covered:
1. Macro Analysis: Strategy Diversification Divested: Productivity measurements, Divestment of
2. Bristol-Myers Squibb: Specialty Biopharma with Oncology Focus Can Give Returns
3. Eli Lilly: Patent Pressures Aggravated With Undifferentiated Pipeline Assets but Supporting Diabetes Market Offers a sigh of Relief
4. GlaxoSmithKline: Base Business Provides Sustainability; Several Block Buster's Will Offer Growth!
5. Merck: Restructuring Impact And Targeted Focus On Oncology And HCV Will Drive Growth!!
6. Pfizer: Dependent on Palbociclib and Prevnar-13 in Adults to Sustain Business!
7. Novartis: Pipeline Strengthening: De-consolidation Will Provide Targeted Focus
8. Novo Nordisk: GLP-1 and Insulin Market Becoming Too Competitive; Relief Should Come From Victoza in Obesity
9. Roche: Pricing Power with Strong Foot Hold in Oncology Will Drive Growth
10. Sano: Sustainable Business but Innovative Pipeline Not Impressive
- Bristol-Myers Squibb
- Eli Lilly
- Novo Nordisk
For more information visit http://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/h3fr9g/global
Media Contact: Laura Wood , +353-1-481-1716, firstname.lastname@example.org
SOURCE Research and Markets