DUBLIN, May 9, 2014 /PRNewswire/ -- Research and Markets (http://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/l3hw69/global) has announced the addition of the "Global High-purity Alumina Market 2014-2018 with Alcoa Inc., Orbite Aluminae, Sumitomo Chemicals Co., United Co. RUSAL Dominating" report to their offering.
The Global High-purity Alumina market will grow at a CAGR of 27% over the period 2013-2018.
Alumina, commonly known as aluminum oxide (Al2O3), is primarily used as a feedstock for the fabrication of metallic aluminum and is known as Smelter Grade Alumina (SGA). While 90 percent of the alumina produced globally is used in aluminum fabrication, the remaining 10 percent is dedicated to the non-metallurgical market, i.e., for industrial usage. High-purity alumina, which characterizes alumina with a minimum purity of 99.99 percent, is the high-end product of non-metallurgical alumina market.
Vendors need to increase investments in R&D to streamline manufacturing procedures, develop sustainable energy resources, and improve methods of extracting or recycling non-ferrous metals. Increased concerns over the environment, a looming energy crisis, and the introduction of stringent regulations have prompted vendors to focus more on R&D. This trend is expected to influence the Global High-purity Alumina market positively.
According to the report, the Global High-purity Alumina market is driven by several factors, and one such driver is the growing market for LED lighting and LED displays. Products that use LEDs are energy efficient, which is driving the demand for high-purity alumina, which is used in the manufacturing of sapphire substrates.
Further, the report states that a major challenge is the rising cost of production as the manufacturing of high-purity alumina involves huge labor costs and energy costs.
The Global High-purity Alumina market can be categorized into four segments on the basis of application:
- LED Applications
- Semiconductor Applications
- Phosphor Applications
- Other Applications.
- Alcoa Inc.
- Orbite Aluminae Inc.
- Sumitomo Chemicals Co. Ltd.
- United Co. RUSAL plc
Other Prominent Vendors
- Dalian Hiland Photoelectric Material Co. Ltd.
- Hebei Pengda New Material Technical Co. Ltd.
- Henan Shenhuo Group Co. Ltd.
- Hong Fu Crystal Technology Co. Ltd.
- Huomei Hongjun
- Kyushu Mitsui Aluminium Industry Co. Ltd.
- Mitsubishi Chemical Corp.
- Nippon Light Metal Co. Ltd.
- Norsk Hydro ASA
- Rio Tinto Alcan
- Showa Denko K.K. Group
- Well Expediting Ent. Co. Ltd.
- Xinjiang Joinworld Co. Ltd.
- Zibo Xinfumeng Chemicals Co. Ltd.
- Zibo Xinmeiyu Alumina Co. Ltd.
For more information visit http://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/l3hw69/global
Media Contact: Laura Wood, +353-1-481-1716, firstname.lastname@example.org
SOURCE Research and Markets