DUBLIN, June 11, 2013 /PRNewswire/ --
Research and Markets
(http://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/5pwjsx/flipchip_market) has announced the addition of the "Flip-Chip Market and Technology Trends - 2013 Business Update" report to their offering.
(Logo: http://photos.prnewswire.com/prnh/20130307/600769 )
Cu pillar and bumping for memory, consumer electronics and mobile phones have reinvigorated the Flip-Chip market, enabling it to grow at a 19% rate and cater to the most advanced technologies, like 3DIC and 2.5D.
Flip-Chip capacity is expected to grow over the next five years to meet large demand from three main areas:
1) CMOS 28nm IC, including new applications like APE and BB;
2) The next generation of DDR Memory;
3) 3DIC/2.5D Interposer using µbumping. Driven by these applications, Cu pillar is on its way to becoming the interconnect of choice for Flip-Chip.
In addition to traditional applications which have used Flip-Chip for a while now (laptops, desktops and their CPUs, GPUs & Chipsets - which are growing slowly but still represent significant production volumes for Flip-Chip), we expect to see strong demand from Mobile & Wireless (smartphones), Consumer applications (tablets, smart TVs, set top boxes), Computing and High-Performance/Industrial applications such as network, servers, data centres and HPC.
Key Topics Covered:
- Executive summary
- Recent key press headlines
- Flip-Chip market forecast
- Flip-Chip installed capacities
- Flip-Chip market value
- Infrastructure & supply chain
- Bumping technologies
- Assembly technologies
- Flip-Chip applications & market
- Conclusions & Perspectives
For more information visit Research and Markets
SOURCE Research and Markets