DUBLIN, Mar. 14, 2014 /PRNewswire/ --Research and Markets (http://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/m2xwp5/china_orthopedic) has announced the addition of the "Concise Anlaysis of the Chinese Orthopedic Instrument Industry" report to their offering.
Benefiting from aging of population, consumption upgrade and policy support, China's orthopedic instrument industry has seen rapid development over the years, with total market size rising from 3.28 billion yuan in 2006 to 9.85 billion yuan in 2012.
Trauma products, spine products and joint products constitute the three major market segments of Chinese orthopedic instrument industry. In 2012, the three principal products accounted for an aggregate market share of about 82.2%, of which, trauma products showed the highest, approximately 35.5%, with market size up 18.24% YoY; spine and joint products ranked second (up 12.6% YoY) and third (up 12.4% YoY), respectively.
In recent years, along with the increasing investment of foreign-funded enterprises in China, the trend of foreign monopoly has been more evident. After the acquisition of Synthes in 2012, Johnson & Johnson has turned into the largest company in China's orthopedic instrument market, with market share of both trauma and spine products occupying the first place.
In November 2012, Medtronic purchased KangHui Medical for $816 million, thus making an important step in Chinese orthopedic instrument market localization. Compared with Medtronic's high-end positioning, affordable KangHui products can help Medtronic expand low- and medium-end markets in emerging countries and regions (including China). In 2012, Medtronic (including KangHui Medical) occupied 15.9% of China's spine market.
Key Topics Covered:
1. Overview of Orthopedic Instrument Industry
2. Development of Global Orthopedic Instrument Industry
3. Development of China Orthopedic Instrument Industry
4. Development Environment for China Orthopedic Instrument Industry
5. Key Companies in China
- Beijing AKEC Medical Co. Ltd. (AKEC)
- Beijing Lidakang Science and Technology Co., Ltd.
- Beijing Montagne Medical Device Co., Ltd.
- Johnson & Johnson
- Renli Orthopedics Medical Instrument Limited Company
- Shanghai Kinetic Medical Co., Ltd. (KMC)
- Suzhou Xinrong Best Medical Instrument Co,. Ltd.
- Tianjin Walkman Biomaterial Co., Ltd.
- United Orthopedic Corporation
For more information visit http://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/m2xwp5/china_orthopedic
Media Contact: Laura Wood , +353-1-481-1716, firstname.lastname@example.org
SOURCE Research and Markets