DUBLIN, February 5, 2014 /PRNewswire/ --
Research and Markets (http://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/vgwhc9/new_oral) has announced the addition of the "Concise Analysis of the International New Oral Anticoagulants Markets" report to their offering.
(Logo: http://photos.prnewswire.com/prnh/20130307/600769 )
Anticoagulants decrease the ability of the blood to create harmful blood clots that can ultimately leading to a heart attack or stroke. Although sometimes referred to as blood thinners, they do not actually thin the blood and only help prevent the formation of new blood clots. For more than 50 years and until recently, the only oral anticoagulants were vitamin K antagonists such as warfarin. Pradaxa (dabigatran), Xarelto (rivaroxaban), Eliquis (apixaban) and other new oral anticoagulants have several advantages over warfarin, including no periodical laboratory monitoring and more predictable effects with fixed doses.
This report provides a thorough overview of these and other new oral anticoagulants, their approved indications, drug profiles, pharmacokinetic parameters and the respective areas of market growth. The study also analyzes almost all of the companies known to be marketing, manufacturing or developing oral anticoagulant products in the U.S. and worldwide. Detailed tables and charts with sales forecasts and marketshare data are also included.
Key Topics Covered:
2. An Overview of Anticoagulants
3. Selected Oral Anticoagulants
4. A Brief Overview of Antiplatelets
5. Coagulation Assays
6. Disease Conditions Targeted by Anticoagulants
7. Market Analysis: Anticoagulants
8. Market for Antiplatelets
9. Deals in Anti-Thrombotic Therapeutics Sector
10. Utilization of Anticoagulants and Antiplatelets in the U.S.
11. Selected Company Profiles
- 1 Varespladib/A-002
- Activase (Altepase)
- Akers Biosciences, Inc.
- Angiomax (Bivalirudin)
- Anthera Pharmaceuticals, Inc.
- AstraZeneca, PLC
- Boehringer Ingelheim GmbH
- Boehringer's Dedication to Innovation
- Boehringer's Therapeutic Breakthrough
- Brilinta (Ticagrelor)
- Cipla Limited
- Clinical Studies
- Coronary Artery By-Pass Graft Surgery-Related Bleeding
- Daiichi Sankyo Company Ltd.
- Discontinuation of Effient
- Effient (Daiichi Sankyo)
- Eisai Co., Ltd.
- Eli Lilly & Co
- Eliquis (Apixaban)
- Genentech, Inc.
- General Risk of Bleeding
- GlaxoSmithKline PLC
- Hypersensitivity Including Angiodema
- Lovenox (Enoxaparin)
- Medicure, Inc.
- Merck & Co., Inc.
- Novartis AG
- Ortho-McNeil Pharmaceutical, Inc.
- PIFA Heparin/Platelet Factor 4 Rapid Assay
- Pfizer, Inc.
- Pharmion, LLC
- Portola Pharmaceuticals, Inc.
- RYx Therapeutics, Inc.
- Registration Study RE-LY
- Rivaroxaban (Xarelto)
- SCH 5303348
- Tecarfarin Development Status
- The Medicines Company
- Thrombotic Thrombocytopenic Purpura
- Tinzaparin (Innohep)
For more information visit http://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/vgwhc9/new_oral
Media Contact: Laura Wood, +353-1-481-1716, firstname.lastname@example.org
SOURCE Research and Markets